Game crashing at random times since recently....

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by borgqueenx, Jun 4, 2015.

1. borgqueenx

i hope that 32bit removal will fix their ****....
  2. maximusbigamus

Hey Borg I think I remember your nick on ut2004.. Borgqueen right? Any way a few good servers are left.! I'm not so sure about the next gen of ut4. Have u tried the game "Toxik" ?
  3. borgqueenx

Borg_Queen_X is my username on UT2004 :)

No have not tried Toxik :(

and i cant find it on google.
  4. borgqueenx

anyone know a fix?
  5. henrickbr

Estou com gagueira no jogo, para alguns dias eu estou reclamando, mas ninguém parece saber como corrigir.
  6. Markxxx

i have the same problem, stuttering and freeze very often after the last update. Game runs fine before. It seems like it stutter more before, and FPS become more GPU limited rather than CPU limited before.
  7. henrickbr

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/39qfrd/stuttering_poor_performance_help/

I share the same problem in search of a solution, but it seems that no one knows how to give a solution, unless: SAY THAT ALL DOES NOT PROVIDE.
  8. Lord_Mogul

I remember that problem from a friends computer back then. He was running Vista and some DX9 stuff kept making errors until he "updated" his DirectX runtime.
    Even Windows 7 and 8.1 support the DirectX runtimes down to at least DX8.1 (I can run UT2004 fine on Win 7)
    The only problem with older games is the dependance on 16 bit or MS-DOS environments that are nonexistent in the Window NT branch.

Can non AMD cars utilize that "AMD stuff" correctly or have they to emulate that in any way.?
    Where does it say PS2 uses some of the PhysX code?

Also it has to mean anyone using not an nVidia Card will have higher CPU usage, cause then their CPU has to code, what otherwise will be rendered on the nVidia GPU.

And in the current state PhysX on CPU is horribly slow (It uses old x87 FPU code that in addition will also be executed on only 1 CPU core. they could switch to Multicore SSE2 instructions, but that would only be beneficial for the competition.)

Theres a reason no game exists that uses PhysX for anything gameplay related, all they use it to create water, smoke and particle effects that are only visual but in no gameplay relevance.
  9. H_a_L102

Updated nvidia drivers to 353.06, this fixed frequent crashes for me.
    • Up x 1
  10. borgqueenx

i have updated the nvidia drivers, lets see how it will go.
  11. IamDH

If you're getting the "Planetside 2 play client stopped working" using the windowed fullscreen mode should fix the issue (it did for me).

GL
  12. CFFluffyBunny

getting this thread back on topic - yes.

was fine a few days ago now crashes as it loads the character screen. I'm disappointed to say the least. I signed up for a year after the visual c debacle last year but don't think I'll waste my money again when renewal time comes around
  13. borgqueenx

yes, updating the nvidia drivers fixed the problem *knock knock* I played for 4 days without a crash now.
    Sometimes it does crash when getting to the character screeen however.
  14. Lord_Mogul

I'm still at Forceware 350.12 and it's running fine.
  15. maximusbigamus

hi all...

took me weeks to sort this out, and in the end i finally solved all my freeze crash laggy fps drops issues!

All i did today was a total re-install of windows 7 64bit downloaded and updated my drivers downloaded ps2 and hey all works super super fine. .

i knew i should of done this weeks ago, although it took a few hours it was so so worth it..

hope this works for ya all..... THIS GAME IS NOW PLAYABLE..

THANKS TO ME AND NOT THE DEVS!!!
    • Up x 1
  16. Freyjlord

daybreak please solve this problem :(