Game crashes on launch, then it doesn't.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zakuak, May 22, 2013.

1. Zakuak

Never had a chronic crash problem with PS2, I recall a few crashes early on for whatever reason but for the most part the games been stable for me until recently.

Beginning last week IIRC: I open the launcher, hit "play" and the load screen comes up and takes me to character selection screen, once I select my character and hit the "play" (does it say play ? lol I don't recall) the game switches to the load screen for a split second then crashes with the "planetside2 has stopped working blah blah".

I then start up the launcher but I have to wait a few seconds because the game is actually still running, if I fire up the launcher to early it shows me as "PLAYING" lol, no biggy. So I get launched, select character and now the game loads fine second time around.

Sometimes it requires three tries. No hardware changes on my end, My tower is turned off each evening after gaming and I fire it up the following day after work, so PS2 is running on a fresh boot every time. No Anti virus, nothing running on my PC except EVGA and the nv control panel in the task menu. Oh and the Logitech headset software.

It works great for a bit (few hours) until I get the inevitable re-spawn crash/freeze. Fires right back up after that though lol :confused:

My PC did receive a few windows updates a week or so back, that's the only change made besides the small ninja patches to PS2.
  2. Fire Works

3. Zakuak

LOL Fire Works thanks but there is no server maint going on, I am talking about it happening every day in the afternoons once I get home from work.