Game crashes after 45-60 minutes.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bladedcross, Jan 5, 2023.

1. bladedcross

As the title states. For about the past month my Planetside2 client has been crashing to desktop after around 45-60 minutes of playtime. This is sometimes preceded by the game freezing or dropping to low digit FPS until I can toggle to the map screen or something, and the moment I exit the map back into combat, the game freezes again and crashes to desktop. There is no error message, no errors noticeable in Event Viewer logs, and I can usually still hear ingame audio/voices until I forcibly have to close out of the client, reportedly even after my character has disconnected and been booted from squad. After a crash, I can usually boot the game back up and play without issue for another 45-60 minutes before it inevitably crashes again.

This only seems to happen with Planetside 2, as I can play other more performance-demanding games for hours without issue. I haven't made any hardware changes recently, and I've been using apps to monitor temps, cpu/gpu load, memory usage, etc, but so far everything seems normal. Memory Diagnostics didn't detect any major errors either. I've tried reinstalling graphics drivers, rolling back graphics drivers, reinstalling the client, all to no avail.

At this point I'm running out of options on what to try, so any help, suggestions, or advice is appreciated!