Galaxy:Road to Auraxium "The Last 10"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McgeeLacroix, Nov 10, 2014.

1. McgeeLacroix

I recently completed the Galaxy directive making me the only person on Connery so far to have it (and 15th game wide).

I captured my final 10 air ram kills and made a video.

Enjoy!

• Up x 6
  2. Dieter Perras

nice job! What's the reward for the galaxy directive?
  3. McgeeLacroix

Just some fancy lumifiber like the other vehicle directives. It is shown briefly at the end of the video!
  4. Borsty

Video not available, damn Germany :(
    But I want to see a naughty Airwhale humping ESFs dead :(
  5. REZistance

Heeey, right on. Congrats! It's nice being in a small select group, innit? I'm the only Vanu on Connery that has the Immortal pistol. I have a unique gun, for the moment. It's a privilege to be killed by our stuff :p
  6. McgeeLacroix

The Immortal Pistol? Is that any good when compared to say the commissioner or default VS pistol? Thats pretty cool man, wish I had even 1 auraxium gun!
  7. asmodraxus

Vs default pistol is the commissioner
  8. REZistance

I like it a lot. It's basically still a Beamer, it just has an integrated suppressor that supposedly doesn't suffer any damage drop-off from having the suppressor on. The bullet velocity has been extremely gimped, so shooting anything beyond mid-range is a no-no.. but who does that with a pistol anyway? I play Stalker most of the time, and for me, it's a really nice gun to have in that role... I just wish they'd add the heat mechanic to it that the other VS directive guns have. Unlimited ammo makes perfect sense on this gun because, I would imagine, people who play Stalker will be the majority of those who go through the long hard slog of Aurax'ing the commonly agreed upon worst set of pistols of any faction. It's definitely a badge for me, and a testament to my commitment to the Vanu Stalker.

In regards to the Commisioner.. One of the five guns I Auraxed for the Directive was the Underboss. I hated that thing. It shoots so damn slowly and has only 6 bullets before you're stuck in a painfully long reload animation. That thing got me killed a lot. Because of my experience with the Underboss and the fact that the Commissioner shoots even slower and has a longer reload time, there was no way I was going to buy that thing. The Cerberus is in that same category for me, fires wayyy too slowly, but at least it has 10 shots and half the reload time.

After having gone through 5 sidearms, it's my opinion that the Beamer is the best Vanu sidearm hands down simply because of the magazine size, the speed at which it fires and the short reload time. Yes, you need to land more shots to kill, but you can afford to miss a couple while spamming whereas with the Underboss or Commish, you better not miss or you're screwed. I know most people use the Commissioner, but it just isn't my style.