Galaxies are da BOMB

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Meeka

So, generally, I've avoided flying in the last year or so..... air has never been my best or favourite thing to do, but recently. I've decided to give the ol'Gal (Empress Express as I like to call 'er) a good, hard ride.

And I've discovered the full, unadulterated joy of ramming fully teamed Liberators out of the sky and coming out nearly unscathed. I caught a few in a row the other night without having to repair, it was quite a beautiful scene of flightly chaos. And since I have a severe distaste for Liberators, being able to dive bomb Liberators from altitude and sending their flaming wreckage to the waiting ground below without having to fire a single shot while playing the mating call of the majestic Skywhale is, personally, very satisfying.

I've found, the best way to Liberator hunt is to maintain the highest altitude in search of your prey, listen for the distinct sound of the Dalton or Zeph, get above your target, and then make a straight dive bomb down aligning the nose of your glorious, heroic weapon of doom with the evil Liberator.... while you are higher than them, it is very difficult for them to use their belly gun on you.... sure, they'll get ya every now and again when the odds are stacked in their favour, but with a little practice... even the biggest and baddest Liberators are just chewy Galaxy food. :p
  2. Snakekeeper420

You using vehicle stealth? I think i may try this but being spotted on the radar might make this difficult
  3. Elkren

I used to do that a lot. It's enjoyable as hell. lol I may start doing it again. Another thing I used to do is land on top of MBTs or Harrasers with the belly of the whale but it's a tad more complicated. Some of the tells I've gotten from doing that have been amazing.
    • Up x 1
  4. Shatteredstar

Ramming with galaxies or having gunners, people don't realize the true power of the sky whale.
  5. Towie

I've been on the receiving end of a Gal belly-flop ! It's good if you can dodge out the way at the last minute; Galaxies aren't so maneuverable skidding across the ground...

I'd be interested to know the 'ideal' loadout for the belly-flop or kamikaza Gal ?
  6. Meeka

I've being doing this too! It's absolutely amazing just to Bootstomp any tank into the ground in one glomp! :D

I've been running composite armor as well, and doing this to AA MAXes too; it sure keeps them inside and out of the way. ;)
  7. Meeka

I fly with Composite armor, because I've been doing it in active battlefields, and the composite armor will keep you alive a lot longer than stealth will....
  8. Meeka

Mine is rolling with High G and Composite Armor maxed out, flares, and two most important things... the Skywhale Horn and Exterior Lighting... because nothing is more obnoxious than than a loud, highly visible Galaxy stomping the crap out of everything. :D