G9 Error

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by R3Sn1p3s, Jan 22, 2017.

1. R3Sn1p3s

Evening all.

Since this morning, I have been getting a G9 error when loading in.

I can log in, go to character select and enter game - But as soon as it loads, it closes down and opens up a web page citing G9 error.

I looked on the forums and have completed the following.

Closed and restarted
    Reset and restarted routers
    Repaired games files through launcher.
    Uninstalled game and reinstalled.
    Completely wiped all trace of game off PC and reinstalled.

But still i get the close and error as soon as I load into game.

This is not just myself, my RL friend with whom I play is also getting the same error since this morning.

His PC has different specs and is with a different ISP (Virgin) where I am on BT so I'm not sure that our rigs or ISP's are to blame.
    I've had a quick scour but cannot find any reference for this error from yesterday.

Any ideas?
  2. FateJH

The last part of the guidelines for a G9 error includes "If the error persists, please contact Technical Support." have you done that?
  3. R3Sn1p3s

Yup - Contacted them - got an automated response to send a couple of files which I have but yet to receive a reply.

I created a new account and logged in just fine, but very strange that myself an friend bot have the same issue.
  4. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

5. Infinity666

I've have the same error here, since 4 days, I already done things to fix the error, but it never works, i'm actually in contact with the technical support, hopefully they will fix my problem, i've played more that 3 years to planetside, i will not be able to begin new account...
  6. R3Sn1p3s

Still here 5 days later with no response from Tech support.

#fedup
  7. R3Sn1p3s

Update:
    To summarize what I have tried after reading many posts about the dreaded G9 error.

Validated game assets.
    Full uninstall / Reinstall (5 times).
    Flushed DNS.
    Reset Winsock.
    Installed and try running game on a wireless network adapter.
    Ensured Launchpad along with other directories and EXE are allowed through firewall.
    Checked for firmware update on Router.
    Ensured ports are open.

None of which have worked.

How can it be that a dummy account though works just fine?
    This has to be account specific.
    As previously stated, I created a brand new FTP account to test and I was able to log in in without any problems.
    This leads me to suggest that mine and my friends account are in a frickin twilight zone.
    We can log in, get to character select, even create and delete characters but once it loads (get to 99-100 percent) it closes down citing G9 error. But, seeing as we are on different ISP's this is truly baffling.
  8. Infinity666

The simple fact (for me) that lead me to say that the probleme is from DB server, is that i have the exact same error with both if my computer on different network... technical support don't solve my problem, they just throw you away useless website where you already go to find a solution >< it just pisses me off right now !!
  9. R3Sn1p3s

Well - After almost a week I finally had a reply today from my ticket.

At last some sort of explanation and great to know it is in hand at least and it's not.

Tom "Exerege" T. (Daybreak Games)
    Jan 27, 10:03 AM PST
    Greetings R3Sn1p3s,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the G9 Error when trying to login to your characters.
    Unfortunately, this is a server glitch that has arisen recently and the development team has this tracked and they hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.
    We're very sorry for any inconvenience it's causing you in the meantime.

I'm afraid that we do not have an ETA on when this will be corrected but it should be with an upcoming game update.
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. Thank you for your patience and for playing PlanetSide 2!
    Sincerely,
    Tom "Exerege" T.
    Daybreak Game Company
  10. Infinity666

Well I didn't have this explanation (i didn't have a explanation at all) in my conversation with Daybreak support... at least i have one now that give me hope to play soon !
    Thanks R3Sn1p3s
  11. Scifi

What I did once, not sure though if its for this problem, but when the loading screen appears, do ALT+TAB back to the desktop for a while and then when you think its loaded, return back to the game.
  12. Infinity666

Just try it, it doesn't work ^^
  13. Scifi

I saw a fix for another game that could work:
    If anyone is having troubles with G9 issues/crashes, try this...
    Go to your ps2 folder, and use the search bar (top right on Windows 7), and type "dll". Delete all these files and then verify your game cache in your steam ps2. This fixed the issue for me and re-validated around 72 files. Have not crashed or gotten a G9 error since.
    Best of luck, let me know if this helps you.
    I renamed the other game with ps2, it was H1Z1, but the principle of the idea is sound.
    Hope it works :)
  14. CaptCran

Ran into this problem before. Updated my video card and that fixed it. I guess make sure everything's up to date????
  15. R3Sn1p3s

Tried earlier in the week - unsuccessful

All drivers (inc gfx) are up to date also.

I'm guessing we will just have to hope it is fixed in the next update, whenever this may be.
  16. Infinity666

Ooook, Here are the news...
    This, is, a, joke .

"Greetings,

This is a mass response due to the large influx of tickets recently. Please read careful as this response is target to your G9 error.

For H1Z1; you have corrupt files, You will need to launch steam, right click on KoTK or JS, select properties, select local files, and then select verify integrity of game files. This should correct the issue. If it does not, the only remaining fix is to uninstall and reinstall the game.

For PlanetSide 2: After much search we have found that G9 errors are actually caused by a specific BattleEye global ban. Unfortunately that does mean you were cheating so your account has been blocked.
    Timothy "Kaeldread" Vick
    Customer Service Manager
    Daybreak Games"

And now enjoy playing with your anger, I spend 75d of my life playing Planetside 2 for what ?? Being banned or blocked for nothing ?
    HUGE FREAKING JOKE Daybreak
    • Up x 1
  17. AmmoHungry

"For PlanetSide 2: After much search we have found that G9 errors are actually caused by a specific BattleEye global ban. Unfortunately that does mean you were cheating so your account has been blocked."

Sounds fishy and smells like a cover-up for file corruption. How does the same error produce radically different results between games?
  18. AmmoHungry

19. Argonvar

You have Right i have the same problem. after i got this Error with g9 i contact support. and after this shi... my account got banned i swear. i have spent money and time. and now Banned without reason. he say cheating. ya ya ya ya . and my grandpa are bill clinton or what.