G9 Error after 2/10 patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by 1508AD, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Primefury

If you are an iinet customer try disabling the ports via your account online. I'm still getting G9 errors but managed to get in game twice tonight, although disconnected pretty much straight away... upgraded firmware on the BOBlite modem/router but don't think that helped.
  2. slicedmelon

Hey guys I used to have this issue after patches. I have found that my Network Interface Card consistently causes this issue. I am with iinet too. As soon as I change to my wireless I get in no problems. give it a go.
  3. D4ng0r

update your router/modem firmware or contact your ISP , it helped a friend with g9 error/crashes!
  4. sando

I hate to say it but I have done all the above and still no pie. My friends can login as me and play fine, so it can't be entirely the update(s), maybe?! I'm yet to try a different modem, but all on in all it shouldn't just stop working for a lot of people like.
    It's bullsh!t.
  5. sgtsavage

Update I have had this issue for a month since patch before that no issues and support suggested contacting ISP about level 3 access in simple terms port forwarding and guess what bob lite doesn't support it so the modem needs to go into bridged mode which doesn't require encrypted authication on the server. Will update tonight if it works.
    Check your ports are open with port forwarder
    Hope this info helps some of u guys
  6. sando

Thanks for info savage. I'm tech savy but nit that tech savy. How do you bridge your boblite? I always thoight port forwarding was possible because you can set it in the settings through the browser?

Hope it works!
  7. rzr

The problem isn't KillerNIC. I have both an Intel Gigabit NIC and Killer NIC and experienced the issue on both cards.
    If you are running a Bob-Lite or Bob2 then you will have this problem.
    Changing to a different modem ended up fixing the issue for me. So since the update from 2/10 anyone running a Bob-Lite or Bob2 or similar hardware will get a G9 error when connecting to Planetside 2.

You could try complaining to iiNet but I doubt they will do anything about it, the easiest solution is to ditch your modem and get a new one. For the record the Budii-Lite appears to work perfectly with Planetside 2 at this current point in time.
  8. sando

That's awesome rzr. Just the answer I was looking for. I wanted to get a new modem.
  9. Kirppu1

Why aren't you using southbridge Ethernet?
  10. sando

Hi all,

I can confirm, well at least for me, that it is in fact the BoBlite modem that is not allowing connection to PlanetSide 2. I just bought a billion 7800nxl and was able to connect and play for about an hour. I switched back to the BoBlite and I got the G9 error straight away. I'm not sure it is the port forwarding that did it or just having a better modem.
  11. Primefury

Yeh it's the BOBlite router. Did the same, switched to Netgear ADSL router and got in.
  12. Ganga

So Boblite is the problem then?? So PS2 has an update. BoBite that has never had a problem for me with any other game, freaks out and the result is go buy a new modem cause people screwed it up for me??? Ummmmmmmmm, love the game but that **** not happening. Be pulling out of this, probably start costing a new modem every update soon. :p
  13. sando

No BOBlite isnt the problem. SOE is the problem. BoBlite is a **** modem and Im happy for a better gaming experience overall across all my games.
    I would of given up too if it not for my yearly sub. I hope SOE sort their **** out though otherwise they are going to lose a lot more of their fans in addition to the ones already gone.
  14. rzr

The blame absolutely lies with SOE. A software update should never render a piece of customer side hardware such as a modem completely useless. I imagine they have changed the way network traffic is handled which has caused problems with the Bob-Lite.

Unfortunately being such a small percentage of their user base, don't expect them to commit even a minute of their developer time to resolving the issue.

You have three options: play over an inferior wi-fi connection, buy a new modem or stop playing PS2.
  15. sgtsavage

Sando they said it is in advance settings internet and protocol
    Change wan one to bridge but for some reason it didn't work will call ISP to double check but I think it is new modem time
  16. sando

Yeah thanks. I looked it up and from what I understand it's mainly joining multiple wireless and lan networks together that you may have at home or work.

I opted for the new modem as BoBlite just doesnt cut it anymore.
  17. LittleYeti

Sill cant get on holly crap
  18. sando

What have you tried?
  19. sgtsavage

Sando did it fix it ? What modem did u get ?
    Bridging and port forwarding didn't fix mine :-(
  20. CelticKnight86

Okay.. Going to assume people are correct at this point and that the problem is entirely with the ISP/Router blocking the port.

Does anyone know what port it's actually blocking? my BoBlite supports Port Forwarding, and I know how to work it.