G2A Rocket Launcher - A Disappointment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WUNDER8AR, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Aerensiniac

Albeit i agree with most of the points stated, i have to outline that G2A rocket launcher is far from useless. Most pilots **** their pants and turn the moment they see that something is trying to lock onto them. They have no chance to distinguish between an incoming aircraft and a G2A rocket.
    This being said G2A launcher is perfect for deterrence.
    The fact that it cant kill is something you would have to discuss with the devs. They were the ones who came up with the brain damaged idea that AA shouldnt be able to kill, but only deter Air units.
  2. Jestunhi

Well sure, stationary ground vehicles are easy to kill.

As are stationary air vehicles.
  3. Mastaffah

My favorite launcher in any game I've ever played was the M136-AT4 from Battlefield Bad Company 2. I would like to see that kind of launcher implemented in PS2.
  4. Vargs

Are you really trying to imply that tanks are capable of being anywhere near as mobile as aircraft? Next time I hop in a vanguard I'll be sure to lift off 400m above the ground and fly around at 250km/hr, where terrain doesn't matter so I can constantly be moving and still hit things. Now I should finally be safe from C4 and dumbfire rockets! If only those dumb tanks drivers would just think to move around like our brilliant pilots do, then they wouldn't have to be threatened by infantry or other tanks in the slightest. Now that you've finally brought this to light I expect there to be as few tank casualties to C4 as there are liberator casualties to C4.
  5. Holy Psycho

bought this thingie at release, didnt try it after the patch. my stats: 416 fired shots, 49% accuracy, 8 kills.
    maybe the one-guy next to me got 200 kills cause he fired right after me.

i used it 95% of the time to dumbfire at tanks and now its pointless. havent pulled my HA out of the closet since patch1.
  6. Jestunhi

A Magrider is able to strafe, but obviously all ground vehicles move on 2 dimensions.

I never once claimed otherwise, and the fact that you have to pretend that I did to counter my post says everything that we need to know.

However most rockets fired at tanks are not guided, and therefore easier to avoid. And ground vehicles have easy access to cover as they are at the same level as the rocks, trees, hills, buildings, etc.

Of course, I'm sure when you reply this will be exaggerated to "YOU SAID TANKS R ALWAYZ IN COVER!".