G2A lock-ons a joke now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LightPulsar, Dec 20, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

Rocket pods need to be reevaluated by SOE. Strange how they change so many things that effect health and defense values but don't take into account the so called combined arms aspect they wanted the game to be.

Rocket pods were nerfed because of how devastating they were to infantry play a year ago. Now that the mechanics of how damage is dealt has been changed Rocket pods need a buff because as it stands they are totally ineffective and a waste of space.
    • Up x 2
  2. Tekuila

Yea I've completely given up flying since it is nothing but sky knight duels these days and I'd rather just drive a tank or play as infantry. My favourite esf gamely was all out A2G with banshee and pods with a radar dish to help out the ground troops, but that isn't possible anymore.
    • Up x 2
  3. JokeForgrim

Pump shotguns, SMGs, Harrassers, Max Abilities.

Skill Required? No.
    Easy Ways to get more kills in the right situations? Yes.
    Released OP, then nerfed once the sales quota was made? So, So.

Seems like everything has added has actually removed skill from the game. Or at least lowered the skill ceiling slightly.

Agreed on the removal of all lock on's. I hate them in every FPS. When I want the game/a program to shoot/aim for me I will start aimbotting. I would rather be able to kill ESFs with 1 really slow firing dumbfire, seems they decided to nerf the decimator... So no wonder everyone who thinks like me went back to lock ons.
    • Up x 2
  4. holycaveman

Flying is sad. SOE has absolutely ruined it.

You want to know how you can tell?

Because when you fly over a base, every one is running at you trying to kill you rather than running away.

Its a sad joke.

G2A will win over esf every time. Tanks win every time(except for newb lone wolfs), sundys win every time.

May as well fly around checking out the pretty landscape.

I canceled my membership a while back. No regrets. Not on much any more.

Was hoping for a combined arms game. Not COD. I have COD for that.
  5. NC_agent00kevin

I dont need lock ons; I enjoy Skyguarding. And camping warpgates. At the same time. With Bacon.
  6. Epic High Five

My Hawk is still awesome and nets me as much SPM as any other of my favorite weapons. Quit crying ya babies

Also I don't think skygods should want lock-ons removed. The amount that weapons would have to be buffed against air to prevent ESFs and especially Libs from becoming invincible gods would be just as infuriating I promise. It'd easier for a skygod to avoid and deal with lockons than it would be bursters and skyguards if they were twice as deadly.
  7. JokeForgrim

Lock on comment. Ignored. QQ comment. Ignored.

Then maybe they should balance the game differently for each vehicle? (I guess they are trying... but yeah ESFs suck now) Galaxies have always been near invincible esp with decent gunners in it, Its like 3 sundies strapped together with wings. Libs have always been the middle child, extremely powerful in the right hands but not on the level of ESFs with movement, so 3/4 ESF (or 1 decent pilot) will instantly own it if it on its own. ESFs have always been the lonewolf/learners tool of choice, paper thin, horrendous weapons, but maneuverable.

The only difference is you could avoid decimators, you cant avoid/flare instant locks from the spawn room and havent really been able to for about 6 months (the saving grace was the damage wasn't insta death). Not to mention with the new spawn room design there is not many places to hide from line of sight now they have open views on 90% of facilities.

Also not to mentioning ramming with Gal's and libs has been broken for a while (even worse with wreckage remaining after death)... Seriously an ESF should not explode above a Gal/Lib after being rammed and then proceed to drag it into a nosedive due to wreckage weighing 8 times as much as the vehicle that left it...
  8. Epic High Five

Then why did you even respond?

Contradicted self in first sentence. Ignored. Talks just to hear themselves talk. Ignored. Also, please note that I wasn't ******** about air, I just have zero sympathy for pilots because throughout the history of the game it's been considered "unfair" or "total ********" to shoot them down. Somebody wants to convince me that because something cost 350 of a resource that is being used for NOTHING else, I should only be able to "deter" them? Hahaha

Want to remove lock ons? Fine, remove breaker rockets and the AI noseguns then too. If you're going to expect infantry to hit a target that moves faster than anything in the game and on 3 axes with a dumbfire, it's only fair to require some aim and skill on the pilot's part too.

Anyway I'm not sure what your point is at all. That whole post was just a vaguely meandering description of what the aircraft in the game are, capped off with the observation that lock-ons are harder to dodge than decimators.

Flares still work against lock-ons, and if you're wanting to complain about the quicker lock on times close up well it comes down to risk vs reward doesn't it?
  9. JokeForgrim

Honestly I dont know.

Its not a contradiction. I said something, then softened the harshness by saying "im guessing they are trying" yet still failing.

You weren't asterixing about air? I guess you haven't logged on for 6 months. The bases have all been redesigned, AA has been buffed twice, and Air has been nerfed 4 times. ESFs have been nerfed 3 times. So yes "throughout the history of the game it's been considered "unfair" or "total ********" to shoot them down." if the history is 3 months long. If you cant lead a target then FPS games are probably not for you.

As for the 350 resc, yes. I have plenty of friends who only use ESFs as Taxies, Same as harrassers and flashes. Maybe the top 10% of the pilots in the world can still play, but ESFs have been useless for a long time. Reavers for even longer.

I believe Nova posted a sensible comment earlier about how to make them more skill based and less "fire and farget"

Nearly all my 200 decimator kills are on ESFs. Same as the RPG in bf3/4 never use it against tanks. So yes I expect you to be able to earn your kills and use your skills, nothing personal.

That wouldn't bother me, Pods have been useless for 6 months and I never used the AI noseguns even when they were buffed. So sure we can play it your way.

I was explaining the tedious state of air in game at the moment, and how another ESF nerf was not warranted.

Not with the state of air and AA atm. Risk vs Reward? More like Suicide+Resc points = No points.

Anyway as someone who loves lock on launchers and doesn't fly I'm sure it won't bother you. If you do decide to try the combined arms part of the game, please come back and post something constructive to the discussion other than "LOL QQ MOAR+words" :D
  10. Epic High Five

I don't know, a lot of people seem to do really well in ESFs and Libs still. Maybe you're just bad or trying to lone wolf it and overextending yourself?

I've been playing for a year, primarily infantry and tanks, so I know how blindered these 100% air people can be. Not many people have much sympathy for them after the hilarious arguments used to justify the initial state of airpower, and the subsequent screaming and crying after the first round of HE spam nerfs. Turns out it's their RIGHT as a resource-costing unit to not only instantly kill with a single rocket or Zephyr round any infantry in any circumstance, but to also kill all tanks with 3 rockets despite the tanks costing (at the time) even more resources of a type that's used much more often. This whole thing reeks of the same crap I heard back then, the belief that infantry should be in biolabs or be farmed by these noble gods of the sky.

So what do they want, infantry to have to spray and pray rockets in the vain hope of maybe winging one as they gracefully send an incessant stream of death in return? Be satisfied with 200 ESF deci kills over how many months when the ESF would be farming that up in a day?

I'm not opposed to things being shaken up because there's certainly improvements that can be made, but for air to try to dictate the terms on which they'll be killed so that they don't have to adjust how they play? That's not an argument worth hearing, because not a single other THING in the game gets that luxury. You can fly 220kmph+ and move in 3 dimensions - if you can't escape something, that's your own damn fault.

You know, I was going to go back through the last couple pages to give you an example of the myopia this crowd has in regards to anything that isn't their own interests, but I didn't even have to go back five posts.

You know how I can tell that the infantry game is ruined? Because I walk out with my LMG and ESFs don't go flying away in terror. ESFs should take full damage from small arms because I feel that they should only be a deterrence to infantry at worst, and I think these other people should only play in the game how I think they should, which in this case would be only attacking air.
  11. JokeForgrim

I play primarily infantry, I use air more than tanks but thats just because they are better certed. But I still gun/rep for my friends tanks quite a lot. If i'm in the Air I use Liberators or Galaxies. The only time a pull an ESF is when I need to go somewhere. I rarely use them since the flak buff 8 months ago.

Honestly the main reason this annoys me is they were already unusable. Like i said, for ages unless you were in the top 10-20% of pilots globally there is no reason to pull one. Not to mention 90% of the best ESF pilots now fly libs more than ESFs... Wonder why?

Also the PU2 was one of the worst patches so far, Its broken more than its fixed and I can't even play without crashing. Not to mention like every big "shake-up" patch... Its gonna lose more players than its gonna keep. I for one hate having to relearn a game every few months, sure remove bugs, balance unbalanced things... Just dont make a different game every couple of months because you drop it all that change at once.
  12. Epic High Five

I think if the Dalton didn't one-shot ESFs, more of the high BR players would fly ESFs. The truth nowadays is that a good Lib crew will beat a good ESF pilot 90% of the time, and people don't fly to go up against huge odds. Changing the Tank Buster from being an "instant, sure death no problem" cannon to being something a bit more specialized certainly helped.

I think the biggest shakeup in this patch was some quality of life buffs for the NC, aside from the obvious nerfs to Harassers and ZOE. As someone who runs the Hawk exclusively and uses it whenever I see air, not much as changed. 100m isn't that far when you're pointing up, so I haven't had the pleasure of hitting the quickest lock possible more than a couple times. And even then, it was on people strafing low and slow and all I did was tag them before a Vanguard gloriously blew it out of the sky :D

You're right about air though, it's utterly dominated by a small segment because it's entirely skill based. I'd love to see the skill floor lowered on ESFs and the cert floor lowered on Libs. Right now it feels like air is a totally separate thing from the rest of the game because so many people get chased off from it early on, leaving the skies to be filled with only weird obsessive spammers like Daddy and veteran pilots effortlessly feasting on all but a handful of other pilots. That's really not sustainable, and if air is going to get a more sensible rebalance it needs to be addressed. If infantry combat were similar, gun damage and movement speed would be tied to your battle rank, which is pretty much the worst thing I can imagine (aside from the TR MAX getting twin Vulcan arms)

Basically, until the skill floor of ESFs is lowered, there's really no way to balance air/ground that isn't heavy handed.
    • Up x 2
  13. Redshift

The G2A launchers are mental atm. IMO they should scrape all lockons and make everything like the lancer, reward skill for once.

You wouldn't need to rely on lockons if the AV weapons had decent accuracy and velocity.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sandpants

It's sad when people advocate flares.

Really, as air stands now it's flares or you don't fly at all. If you think that's not an issue the answer is that you are wrong. About everything. So sit in a corner and think about what you've said.