[Suggestion] Future Server Mergers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Briggs -> Connery

[Miller + Cobalt] = EU Server

[ Connery + Emerald] = NA Server

• Up x 1
  2. DIGGSAN0

Nope...

Not Miller with Cobalt

No

Never ever

NO

PLEASE NOT.

please
    • Up x 6
  3. Scr1nRusher

Outside of PrimeTime......the EU Server pops drop like a rock.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mojo_man

I'm not sure of your stance on this proposal. I think you need to clarify........
    • Up x 4
  5. adamts01

Briggs merging with Connery would make sense. Or maybe one server in Chacago and one in Korea.
  6. UberNoob1337101

The problem with combining Miller and Cobalt would be that while pop would increase, both sides won't like it for one massive reason :

Zergfit problems. Cobad players already complain about the absurd ridiculousness of two outfits

not That I'm going to point Fingers, Doing it here is Not nice.

because That would be Really Inappropriate to Do!

If you merged Miller and Cobalt, VS would have such ridiculous zerg power with the two subtly mentioned infamous outfits with DIGgles from Miller and then voila! VS would zerg down the other two factions like crazy, and it'll be like back when they were freely able to zerg down anything and win (nobody had fun back then when both did it in their respective servers).

Oh, and let's not forget ORBS, HJF, BHO, BKNE etc. for NC and [Insert countless outfit names for TR] that would also contribute to the zerging problem.

There are a few other problems like server culture (I don't really care too much, but it feels way different to play on Miller than on Cobalt, Miller has more emphasis on individual skill while Cobalt is more teamwork oriented, and that's what kind of makes them unique), the increase in Russian lagwizards and the language barrier problem, but unless the zerg problem is resolved there'd probably be a population drop because it won't really be fun (Once again, nobody enjoyed the days where VS steamrolled with zergs).
  7. Niamar

No merges needed, they just need to tweak their ghost population feature on some servers.
  8. boey

It is then not VS, who are the problem, but TR and NC for not being organized enough. You can not blame VS at all.

And you know why VS knows how to organize themselves? Because they are, and always were, server wide the least played faction with the smallest pop. VS adapted successfully and what are the others doing? Just whining, instead of doing something.
  9. Niamar

10. Scr1nRusher

Mergers are needed, you should really keep track of the actual population numbers.
  11. Pikachu

We're supposed to have 2000 players on a continent like on release. Btw also 13 servers.
  12. Scr1nRusher

The merge would shake up power structures and create new outfits.
  13. UberNoob1337101

Just go back in time in the 2014-2015 period and you'll realize how wrong you are with this statement. VS wasn't winning with superior co-ordination most of the time (although I admit that it was better than TR's, and vastly superior to the mess that NC had, at least on Miller) because they displayed no real superior tactics, but because they had 40%+ pop and the other two couldn't match them, at all.

I used this site BTW :
    http://www.therebelscum.net/world-population/

With going as far as I could go with the info, VS had from mid 2014 to early 2016 managed to hold really well pop-wise, rarely being first, but also rarely being last, but they always had higher pops during off-peak hours. However, a lot of the time, especially before the faction pop queue was created, they clustered pop on the alert continent while getting highly out-popped on others. That wasn't really fair or organized, since you needed to get past a fairly long queue to play on the high pop continent, and when you do, you're greeted with massive VS pop. Or you can play on the continent that was mostly TR and NC. And that isn't really fun for anyone.

One thing is being organized and good, but it's whole another thing to cluster-**** the continent with pop and having other two to do with less because of server limitations. And simply blaming TR and NC without any proof while they were trying to win the fight is just ********.

And another thing, if you're going to use alert wins to prove it, just so you know that most alerts that VS won were during off-peak hours and not prime-time, and statistics point that they overall had more pop during those times. So it's not about skill and organization, but pop.

Fair enough, I'm cautiously optimistic about merging then.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Also consider how many more continents will be played on.
  15. boey

At Woodman and later Miller for example, it's quite clear, that those 40% VS pops at primetime during alerts mostly only happened, because of 4th factioners. Very often, as soon as the alerts ended, the VS pop went back drastically. Not the fault of VS, when people are jumping to the winning faction. Outside of alerts at prime time VS often was and is underpopped and still manages to play a very good game. 28% to 30% server pop were and are very often the normal case.

I am pretty sure with my statement, that since this game has been released VS all in all is behind pop-wise. I am talking of all the years combined and not only a specific timeline.
  16. Hammerlock

on cobalt had VS the lowest pop in 3 years (26%) during a alert and TR had 40% and literally steamroll VS like crazy
  17. Liewec123

as a Cobalt player (previously a Ceres player way-back-when!) i'd be happy with a merge with Miller.
    the only harrowing thing about using our last practical server merge (no merging EU with US for example)
    is that you know from that day on, you'll never play PS2 with as many people again. :eek::(
    when miller and cobalt merge the server population will spike, and it will be awesome though.
    back to having 2 active maps! rather than indar and a pretty empty overflow :p
  18. ceddZzmeowmix

eh the servers already have problems right now with performance and lag, I'd much rather they optimize the performance of both the current servers and the game itself before merging anything, not to mention turning the game into more of a lagfest when you'll have everyone in NA on one server... it would have to be a central server...
  19. ethaaH

I wonder where all the people are on the aussie server i think merging america with us is the way to go for more players
  20. OgreMarkX

Merge please. And please revamp how locks happen. Game is moving away from MMOFPS. I have Team Fortress 2 if I want small scale combat.