Fun... A rant about you guys lol

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MouthFulofCrabs, Apr 11, 2015.

1. MouthFulofCrabs

Well, i have been playing this game for like 3-4 months if that... i think more like 2-3... anyway back to the point, i have truthfully enjoyed this game but why do people keep on dissing the game...? Reading many YouTube comments calling PS2 complete ****, reading countless forums crying about something being changed that DOESN'T AFFECT YOU THAT MUCH! lol, i mean common... so what if your gun got 1 dmg taken, or your precious airplanes got slightly Nerfed... but anyway i would like just to say thanks guys for making this game active and truthfully enjoyable but shut up with NERF this and that lol... if you want to see "OP" items go to Combat Arms Made by Nexon (Hitler Their Himself), when P2W users get twice latterly better items then you now that's truly op, but these items are pretty damn balanced and NOT op... Heavy's which are meant to be a tank, and are meant to be a heavy assault class.... so really how are they op...? oh because the shield? oh so aim or get a better gun Prob solved... anyway just like to say thank you guys for making what this game is and giving me allot of enjoyment out of this game (not quitting) ~Derek~ End Rant
  2. CNR4806

Can someone please translate this pile of gibberish, or is this another random "DBG BE PRAISED" crap?
  3. Liewec123

don't worry, i've found your enter key!
    [IMG]
  4. DrPapaPenguin

Do I really have to post Samuel Jackson again?
  5. breeje

in summary: he is very happy with the game and don't know why other people complain about it
  6. EarlofSunderer

Why people care...is that the only thing that matters to a person is their experience of reality, it determines their happiness etc
    Someone who plays PS2 and enjoys it less because their playstyle was nerfed, has just had their happiness nerfed.
    "doesn't affect you that much" it affects people the same as the death of a pet would, people are attached to their guns, vehicles, ESF's and a severe nerf can be seen as the 'death' (or illness) of that beloved thing.
    It's not just a 'phoenix launcher' it's an extension of myself, when I pilot the rocket I become it. I forget the keyboard and mouse, and everything that isn't on the screen.

People complain so much because they care, because they're emotionally invested in the game.
    If the Phoenix launcher was removed, I'd have a lot less fun in PS2 and this reduction of fun would affect me in real life.
    Having fun improves mood etc

"It's just a game"
    it is, it's also important to a lot of people who play.
    Without our hobbies and entertainment, life wouldn't be nearly as awesome as it is.
  7. NinjaTurtle

People complain and get pissed about things they care about.

This community may be small (relatively) but the players base cares about the games future and are very vocal about when they see something being done that in their view is going to harm the long term survival of the game
  8. MouthFulofCrabs

yeah shoulda cleared that up, happy with the game but questioning why everyone is complaining about gear/classes that are "OP" when they are meant to be OP
  9. Archiadus

Nothing is meant to be OP, OP is short for Over-powered which would mean that something is too strong.

Here's an example to answer the question of why players complain about something that is too strong:

Let's say that you're an awesome bicyclist that's been training all year for a competition, then when you show up to the race you notice that the rules have been changed and that people can use motorbikes now. So there you are, at the start of a race that in theory you could still win but in reality you have next to no chance of winning against them and you've just wasted a year of your life training for an impossible race.

Would you not complain about this change? :)
  10. MouthFulofCrabs

Yes i know what op means but in the agruement of heavy's they are meant to be a tank and heavy dmg dealing... but yet they are quite easily killed... couple headshots and done... oh well...
  11. Dj Gus

IF the console crowd starts whining about HA's beeing OP, you can bet there'll be an even bigger ****storm than the current one about the flight physics changes...

It would be... GLORIOUS xD

But i doubt it, everyone loves that HA stats padding.