[Suggestion] fuel pods?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VulphluxTR, Mar 16, 2015.

1. VulphluxTR

These offer very little when needing to compensate against coyotes and tomcats. I think they need a buff, maybe when running fuel pods you don't get that afterburner activation cost where it takes away alot of fuel immediately.

Nothing major, they just seem to give very little when in comparison to the other things in the secondary slot
  2. TheRealNattyIce

3. Xiad

A mechanism by which to dodge incoming Tomcats in open air by utilising afterburners would be perfect. This would require an awareness of the origin of the missile relative to you, in order to take the most effective maneuvers out of it's path. It would require decent timing and awareness of how much AB fuel you have left, particularly if you aren't running AB tanks.

If this were possible, I'd love to see A2AMs that after missing on one pass would arc back around for another attempt, requiring more dodging and whatnot. That would be balanced by a limited amount of fuel powering it, so it wouldn't be able to retarget indefinitely.

It's a pretty rough idea of mine, but I think this sort of thing would be preferable. Basically, I don't believe that AB cans need to be buffed nearly as much as A2AMs (particularly Tomcats) need to be heavily modified. It's already possible to take on Coyotes with ABs with a good amount of concentration and wits, even IF it is far more effort on the part of one pilot than the other. Repurposing Tomcats to a more anti capital air role would be interesting, whilst still being a sizeable threat to all but the most experienced pilots.
  4. Pikachu

Fuel pods should make big explosion when aiecraft dies. Good kamikaze weapon.
  5. Xiad

I take it that Pikachu's worst enemies as a pilot are trees.