Freezelag when flying.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by phreec, Dec 25, 2012.

1. phreec

This **** has caused me to crash my ESF into buildings and mountains countless times so far. What the hell is causing this? My FPS freezes for a split second, enough for me to lose control of my fighter when nimbly navigating between biolab pillars or speeding towards mountain tops to take cover behind.

Is it a memory issue? I'm on 4GB of 1600Mhz RAM and my pagefile is on the same SSD (I know) the OS and PS2 are also installed on.
  2. phreec

3. Gary

People need more info before they can offer help. Try posting your computers specifications in as much detail as posisble. Ensure you have the latest drivers available.

If i had to hazard a guess i would say since it only happens when flying it is a performance issue. You can see more Terrain and it needs to be loaded in faster to compensate for increased movement speed. (just guessing)
  4. phreec

Yes the chunk loading is also what I suspect. I did check my memory usage once when flying at it was pushing quite high.

i7-860 slightly OC'd to 3.0GHz (still sits at ~40% usage while game shows [CPU] as bottleneck... )
    HD5850 1GB (Latest 12.11 Beta drivers)
    4GB 1600 MHz RAM
    Corsair F80A SSD
    W7 64bit

UserOptions.ini : http://pastebin.com/06ZgshW9