Frame Rate HORRIBLE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by F U P S, Nov 21, 2012.

1. F U P S

So... I have a GREAT graphics card, but you're telling me I need to go upgrade my CPU?
    I play every game out on the market right now with the settings MAXED, and you want me to play on ... low?
    Why would you think that I'd waste a DIME on a game that DOESN'T WORK.

This bottleneck stuff is BS, I would bet my balls that more than half the player base is suffering from dramatically lowered frames per second. Yes, dramatically lowered and not the good kind. Oh, yep, there is no good kind. ;)

I've invested too much in this computer to have to go and buy new parts for your F2W F2P game.
    How about I keep my money, and go play a game that can actually run.

Fan boys, go bust a nut on your ******-ed (really, you filter ********?) 2nd cousin's face.
  2. PirateCrayons

Rage, but true. My computer should be getting a decent 70 FPS or more at all times.
  3. DeltaOp

Upgraded my drivers to the latest beta, helped a bit, but nothing drastic.
  4. Burningmarlfox

Im getting high numbers for fps usually 60-100 but lag lol is another issue. Sad to see u go I like pansies like you easy kills for me :)
  5. water fowl

This game has more or less nothing to do with your graphics card. It's insanely CPU intensive. Why the **** do you think it's never been done before? PS1 did it sure, but with much worse graphics. Welcome to PC gaming, where new games wreck your PC.
  6. SturmovikDrakon

Classy

No really, great feedback. I'm sure you'll be taken quite seriously

How about giving us your specs?
  7. Burningmarlfox

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4056MB RAM
    Page File: 3218MB used, 4889MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68D9)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Display Memory: 2785 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB
    Shared Memory: 1771 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: SMBX2250
    Monitor Id: SAM071B
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HDM
  8. Fishpoke

2.93 is teh slow, overclock that thing!
  9. SeanRamey

Well, dude... If this game is CPU intensive, then I must have a pretty good CPU, which, by most peoples' standards, would regard as worse than yours. But it's actually probably better. What you want in a CPU is not cores, it's Ghz. Also, More RAM might help a bit. Anyways, I get about 50-60fps usually, and it's completely maxed. Here's my specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.4Ghz (not overclocked)
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 460 (Gigabyte manufactured)
    DirectX 11
    RAM: 16 Gb

I run the game at 1600x900 32bit. This is max for my screen, but IMO, it looks a hell of a lot better than 1080p on a HD TV... Why? because the TVs have some kind of lines through them or something. It makes the image distorted and blurred. I noticed this on my friend's TV because I couldn't read half the things I could normally read, even though he had a major resolution superiority. Something about the TV picture quality is just plain worse than a normal PC monitor. Unless you can find an uber awesome TV that doesn't have that.
  10. Beartornado

You're too upset to be taken seriously. I'm not happy about FPS issues either but only a handful of people on the forums disregard that many players with good computers are suffering from the current optimization. SOE themselves hasn't said anything about "forcing" you to upgrade your machine. I'm prepared to wait it out and hopefully see them make an effort to get things running smoothly.

Meanwhile I'll fill my cup with your tears and drink to the idea that we probably won't have to see another post from you.
  11. F U P S

Hey there boy, now what did I tell you???
    Where's that 2nd cousin of yours at?
  12. F U P S

Touche
  13. SolLeks

its pixel density imo, I have a 23in screen that is 1080 and a 42in TV that is 1080 and the 23in looks amazing where the TV does the same as you stated.
  14. SolLeks

so what CPU do you have, I did not see anything in this thread.
  15. Burningmarlfox

I didnt say i was suffering from FPS as i mentioned earlier,
    Dogfights average 60-100fps
    large battles 40-60fps
    in the wild by myself 60-170ish just keeps racing up and down

That report was a bit old I have currently 16gb ram, cause my system is self made i constantly keep adding bits here and there just stuck a 1200watt power supply in recently
  16. Beartornado

Your tears taste fantastic.
  17. SeanRamey

Oh, woops. I see. I got you confused with the OP.
  18. VAND0R

under options/graphics there is a render quality bar that will greatly increase your fps