FPS dropped after patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rapid_Sausage, May 20, 2015.

1. Rapid_Sausage

I've been away for a couple of weeks, and i came back to the game after yesterday's patch to find that i lost between 10~20 fps in most scenarios where i didn't before.

Also, i was always CPU bound before, but after the patch i noticed that the fps counter says that my game is GPU bound, which i've been told is a bug and the fps counter shows GPU bound at all times, however, i tested on another continent and the fps counter switches between CPU and GPU bound as intended.

Here is a picture of my graphics settings for reference: http://postimg.org/image/h8yu2yncb/
    **note: i had to enter windowed mode to take a screenshot, my resolution is 1920 x 1080 fullscreen**

Is anyone else facing such a problem?
  2. Eyrawn

Try to turn off motion blur and shadows and see if you notice any difference.
  3. Rapid_Sausage

i may just remove the .ini file and let the game recreate it and then do the settings again.
    But i don't want to lower settings to get the same performance i had before fail patch.
  4. Eyrawn

Sorry, I had to delete my previous post because I think I might have come to the wrong conclusion.

I had horrible fps yesterday. Had to change the .ini-file. But today I changed everything to ultra and I am getting wonderful fps.
  5. Tyshon

Turn off shadow and reduce the render distance. Server population has the big effect of overall fps. Even if the enemies are on the other side of the Continent. Just relax. This is the largest fps game. If you dont have super specs what do you expect.
  6. Lord_Mogul

Same thing as in the starting post for me.

And I set shadows and fog shadows depending on situation (fog shadows kills performance, but it looks sooo awesome)
  7. chevyowner

The last time I played (before today) was around around 4/15.

My PC now shows GPU Limited (CPU limited before), SLI actually improves performance, and I get the same fps on the Ultra preset now that I got before with somewhere between med and high. I cant complain for now at least.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lord_Mogul

Yeah same for me.
    PErformance really skyrockedted. Over 80% CPU utilization now.
    I wonder what they did. And have they been working on that for the last 2 years, or is it just something that they recently found?
    Such a performance increase over so few patches....