Found an old video and decided to upload.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SiosDashcR, May 7, 2013.

1. SiosDashcR

This was the day when Auraxium was Auraxium. Polymers, Catalysts and Alloys existed (for those who don't know, that was the name of the resources before they changed them to Aerospace, Mechanized and Infantry, respectively).

This was the day when the NC WarpGate was plagued by the ominous dust storm that rendered flight near impossible.

I've heard some of you guys wanted "weather-like" features. Well, how's this for size? ;)
    • Up x 3
  2. Goretzu

Weather actually grounding aircraft........... to be honest that would actually ADD a lot of variatry to PS2.
    • Up x 1
  3. SiosDashcR

Have you seen the video? c:
  4. Goretzu

Yup. PS2 is the same thing most of the time, again and again and again and again and again and again the only real variety is day and night on a continent.

I'm not saying weather that reduced visability to 30m would be great every day, but occasionally? Perhaps it would be.

A low cloud band, very different again.......... a high cloud band again changes the playstyle and tactics for the very same continent.

Whether its doable technically is a different thing, but from a gameplay point of view variety is the spice of life.
    • Up x 1
  5. ArcKnight

why the hell did the devs take this out of the game
  6. Mefi

That's rather bad. That could be a "feature" only in one case: if there were special implants or thermal goggles (the IR scope isn't a solution in that case because it slows you down greatly).

Videos with pitch black nights are much better.
    A sandstorm blocks vision entirely but darkness doesn't prevent you to see enemies with flashlights, vehicles with headlights and bullet tracers at great distances.

I would like to see pitch black nights but not sand storms.
  7. RomulusX

Purple is Up and Gold is Down?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!
    • Up x 1
  8. Duvenel

Random people talking and communicating together in proximity chat?... <3
  9. Copasetic

Anyone remember this bug?

• Up x 2
  10. Heero

Man it was annoying when they swapped it... I sometimes still get them mixed up now if I take a break from the game ;)

As for the sandstorm, it was a weird bug, the GMs were able to clear it for a while but it always came back :D
  11. HJK148

I had that with the re-birth chamber sound a while ago, I C4'd myself and it fixed it.
  12. MilitiaMan

I still get that and the repair sound from time to time......
  13. Revanmug

They remove it because it was a bug. Everything simply turn grey and you couldn't see 2m in front of you even if you were inside a building.
  14. Tobax

See I think that dust storm could be ok if they made it only get as bad as maybe 50-100m visibility at it's worst instead of right down to like 2m visibility that we see at times, then it could have a nice effect without stopping you from seeing where your going. Although I guess we did have that and everyone kept using /fogoff.
  15. Kumaro

o_O there are times when Mist arises on Esamir
    Or the winds start pulling up sand on Indar
    both reduce sight somewhat.
    Now i just want heavy rain and storms on Amerish <3 = all computers will overload but still <3