Fostering communities

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sock, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Kortez12

Server forums would be an awesome awesome addition.

Addressing the state of the PS2 community though I don't think there will ever be an improvement. I'd almost go as far as saying this game has the worst community I've ever seen but there are tons of f2p games I'll never play so it's a hard statement to make.

Which kind of brings me to my next point. F2P just brings in the trash. I'd be all for a sub based game as I think they tend to be much better but that will never happen. Especially with SOE's console ambitions.
  2. Ganelon

Most EU servers already have a community of sorts, Ceres being the exception.
  3. Grendalsh

planetside-universe.com has a growing community that is 'officially' tied to SOE. Problem is most people dont know they exist. Apparently most people don't look much beyond these forums.
    Their website has server forums that are fairly active. Their officers are regularly on Friday Night Ops (you watch that right?). Together with the ReachCast show (Planetside podcast with its own community) they host Community Clash, a streaming show where outfits skirmish over preset objectives and discuss tactics cross faction.
    The problem isn't that there isn't a community, it's that it's not front and center on these forums and people don't know to go looking for it.
  4. ChicoFuerte

Exactly. When I want to talk to the community of a game I play, I go to the official forums. It's a shame that this isn't provided here and needs to be hunted and found elsewhere, on other "unofficial" sites.
  5. NaySayer

I agree with you!! In the warpgate immersion thread (see sig), you'll see many great ideas that would help make this game more social. MMOs are supposed to be compromised of communities and friendly/competitive competition. Atm, this game is really boring since the only thing bringing big battles are the alerts. And obviously right after these alerts, everyone logs off.