[BUG] Forward key stays stuck... Nothing wrong with my keyboard.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., Mar 29, 2014.

1. Owen W.

Am I the only one occasionally getting this bug where the forward key stays stuck and I can't stop moving forward ? I highly doubt it my keyboard jamming up as I got it only a week ago...

Is there a quick fix to this ? I have to restart the game every time this happens...
  2. Bonom Denej

Did you have that bug before getting this 1 week old keyboard ? Because to me, it sounds like your keyboard is actually defective...
    • Up x 1
  3. Owen W.

It would do it with my old keyboard aswell, sorry I forgot to mention. Also, Planetside 2 is the only game where this happens, Skyrim, Battlefield, Hawken and Left 4 Dead 2 don't have this bug at all...
  4. Peter Daniel

Do you have the "cruise" key set? Auto run?
    • Up x 2
  5. Owen W.

None of those are currently set to anything...

Also, I'm just walking forward, not sprinting :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Evil Lyn

Yes this is a bug. I get it sometimes too.
    Sometimes (rarely though) my char just starts walking forward without me pressing any of the movement keys. If I then press the backwards key he stops moving and when I release it he keeps going forward.

I found several solutions to that, you do not have to to log out to your desktop and relaunch the game like you said though.
    - I found that when the bug happens and my char starts walking forward on his own pressing the forward key fixes it.
    - Entering any of the menus fixes it (map, terminals, social, whatever).
    - Never tried to shut down the game and relaunch but OP says it fixes it so... I guess it's another fix.

TL DR:

When you get the bug and your guy starts moving forward on his own, just press your forward key and release.
    • Up x 2
  7. Peter Daniel

There is a key for vehicles to auto move forward, and there is another (in infantry tab) to auto walk forward. See if there is a mouse key attached to them too.
  8. Owen W.

Ok cheers :)
  9. Hoki

Is your keyboard plugged directly into comp or is it going through another piece of hardware?

I had keys get stuck when going through a KVM switch.
  10. WyrdHarper

Had some people in my platoon last night having this issue, where there character was moving without input. We were thinking it might have been lag, since the servers were really struggling last night.
  11. bPostal

That sounds more like the server's about to crash.
  12. Pikachu

I bet it's the '+' key 2 left from backspace.