Forward Grip vs. Advanced Forward Grip?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Soporific, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Soporific

What is the difference between the forward and advanced forward grip? In VR I couldn't really see any difference.

Thanks,

~S
  2. Erendil

The Adv Foregrip reduces horizontal recoil a bit more than the regular foregrip does. Since you play NC though you probably won't notice any difference on most of your weapons unless you're firing at targets >100m. Your H.Recoil is generally already pretty low.
    • Up x 2
  3. Soporific

Thanks Erendil, I appreciate it.

~S
  4. TheBloodEagle

Forward Grip & Advanced Grip: It used to give out the same bonus for all weapons apparently and also used to also effect vertical recoil, not just horizontal. But this was changed in I think GU08. Now attachment bonuses, etc are tailored specifically to the weapon. So a Grip might improve recoil on one weapon more than another. If you have the Advanced Grip option, you might as well get it since any grip is already giving you an equip penalty but you'll be slightly better off.

• LMG Forward Grips no longer reduce vertical recoil (They did prior to GU08).
    • Weapons with direction recoil will now lean more toward center when a forward grip is attached.
    • The maximum horizontal recoil cap is now lowered when a grip is attached.
    • All forward grips now have an equip penalty. It ranges from 20ms to 150ms, depending on the weapon, with long range weapons and weapons with an innate slow equip speed being penalized less. In general, it drops all weapons down by one weight class. For example, fast equipping 50 round LMGs will drop to the equip speed of 75 round LMGs.
    • Up x 1
  5. HerpTheDerp

Attachements are not weapon-tailored. They might seem weapon tailored because their effects are fractions, not flat deductions.

I.e. if you put a Compensator on a weapon with 0.4 recoil, it will reduce the vertical recoil by 0.08(20%). If you put it on a weapon with 0.25 vertical recoil, it will reduce it by 0.05(still 20%). The jump between 0.4 and 0.32 is simply more noticeable than jump between 0.25 and 0.2. But it always reduces by same fraction.

Also the vertical recoil nerf of grips affects all weapons, not just LMGs.
  6. TheBloodEagle

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/gu08-weapon-and-attachment-changes.121250/

Also the notes only say LMG. But you're probably right.
  7. HerpTheDerp

It's very easy to test yourself. I tested it with a Merc and ACX-11 I - zero difference in vertical recoil with the grip.

So why would I believe the rest of the patch notes...
  8. Sagabyte

Basically this:
    [IMG]
  9. Sagabyte

Pic broken, disregard