[Suggestion] FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE USING HE A LESS MASOCHISTIC EXPERIENCE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

What they can do is start cleaning up indars excess bases.
  2. Xiad

I don't understand this rhetoric aimed at making base design the central problem. Sure, there are a significant number of specific cases where entry into certain parts of a base is very restricted and thus funnels high volumes of people through a small area, but it's not the only base setup. There are more well-designed bases than there are poorly designed ones.

Now, that last line is a fairly bold statement. I shall qualify it with a question: hypothetically, if one were to remove the issue of HE tanks in their entirety, would there be a problem of base design facilitating infantry farming? If, perchance, you answer "no", then I revert back to the statement in the first paragraph; There are specific examples of where chokepoints rule bases, but there are more options available than the vast majority of inexperienced players are aware of.

If you happened to answer "yes" to the above...

That can only lead to one conclusion: the tanks are doing their job; it's the defenders that are clueless.

Tell me, what is your first response to being hammered back into your spawn room by A2G lolpodders and farmlibs? Is it "carry on running, single-file, out of the spawn room towards certain death? No, it's PULL ANTI-AIR. There's gotta be at least ONE person with dual Bursters in there with you that is in posession of half a brain. Suddenly, the air clears up a little. There's breathing space. It's a wondrous thing. Nobody is blaming base design for giving A2G farmers their ability to rack up kills. Why should it be the same for tanks?

With that in mind, one's response to being shelled into oblivion should be to try something of a similar tactic: KILL THE TANKS. It sounds so simple when you put it like that, eh? In most bases, it's ever so delicious to pull dual Comets (hello, I'm VS. Nice to meet you) and eat my way through unsuspecting armour. Instantly, base design suddenly becomes irrelevant again!

"Oh, but what if they have hidden their tank up a tree and you can't get a good shot off?"

Okay, look. I never promised that this would be easy. They are in a good terrain position to shell from a distance undisturbed, supported by others doing the same thing. They are pushing a strong advantage and you need something SPECIAL to combat them. Maybe an army...or NUKES...or wait. Remind me again, how many people does it take to INSTANTLY kill any tank? One? Oh yeah, I forgot entirely about C4. Just one brave (and significanly above average intelligence) soul per tank to venture far out into the distant lands beyond Spawn Room and Control Point and suddenly, you have thinned the HE crowd.

Don't even get me started on pulling your OWN damnable armour to counter theirs. I mean, they may as well be spitting at an MBT with those AI shells. This simply serves as an example of the correct actions to take when faced with tanks. If only people would have the willpower to keep from throwing themselves on a crash course towards the nearest control point and do something to solve their OWN problems, rather than breaking down into tears and demanding nerfs.

So there you have it. A logically fool-proof method for dealing with the ogre of HE tanks that nearly everyone chooses to ignore. What a world we live in. Phew, that was fun to write. Anyway, I really should be sleeping. Have a lovely night, all. Remember, though...

When you are desperate for someone to blame for losing, never be afraid to question your own intelligence first!

Tl;dr - people are stupid and lazy. If tanks, kill tanks. Tears only hurt deeper gameplay.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ianneman

This pretty much sums up the idea of "If a horde of infantry idiots don't like it, they will get it nerfed"
    • Up x 1
  4. Vivicector

Nothing should spoil infantry zerg. Thats what devs think. If a platoon of infantry is rushing straight into your position through the open ground, you are quite screwed, since there is no reliable way to kill a lot of infantry in the open.