For the love of......FIX UNDER BARREL WEAPONS!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dornez, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Dornez

There are several things broken with any sort of under barrel attachment right now. I have reported them since their inception during beta and never once has a dev even responded. These things are not cheap and I would rather like to have them working properly.

I believe only weapons with S in their name can attach under barrel weapons (grenades, smoke, shotgun)

Top of my list is grenades doing 0 dmg. I would say 80% of the time under barrel grenades will hit a target square in the chest and do nothing. I cannot seem to find any way of reliably reproducing the bug. But it happens often enough that I don't even consider using the grenades. Also I have never once had a UB grenade do dmg unless it traveled more than 20 meters first.

Second. Are we supposed to be able to resupply UB weapons at ammo boxes or not? This is literally hit or miss. I have run past 1 ammo box and received nothing but 10 seconds later the next ammo box resupplies my smoke. No one knows if ammo boxes are supposed to work or not on UB weapons.
  2. Pyldrvr

The worst one for me is the 'floppy ADS' I get randomly while using the underslung grenade launcher. It will bug my 'aim down site/scope' so that it flops back and forth as I strafe making it impossible to move and aim the thing. I also don't know exactly how to reproduce it, but it happens constantly.
    • Up x 1
  3. Koadster

That seems to be a huge disadvantage with underslungs, noticed it all the time in Beta. Cant even use ADS because the sights move so slow
    • Up x 1
  4. Bigperm

If LA, use jetpack and "land" again. This always seems to correct the floppy mess for me.
  5. Dornez

Also UB weapons need to be a hotkey, not a separate weapon. Swapping the the shotgun to only fire 1 round is never useful ever. You are not going to swap to it in the middle of a firefight and you are not going to start off a firefight with it either. Either scenario ends with you dead because it takes so long to swap to.
  6. Kuriby

Yep, still in-game makes using UB really irritating.

Bumping thread daily until DEVs take notice
  7. Dragonzord86

I agree with everything that's been said. Totally broken broken weapon.
  8. ImGladUmad

Good.

I dont want skilless instant kill n00btubes.
  9. Dragonzord86

What about the shotgun and smoke launcher? I barely use the explosive grenade launcher...
  10. Chiss

I wouldnt say 80% of the time, but a solid 10% or so my grenades do no damage to the target.
    It's really frustrating, and causes me to die a lot.
  11. Serafan

Step 1) Fix the bug so the underbarrel explosive grenade works 100% of the time
    Step 2) Reduce its damage.

Right now it either does essentially nothing or one shots. If/when they fix the bug causing the damage to weird they need to reduce the damage on these things or else everyone will run around with them. Make them useful for finishing someone off who is in cover, or weakening a group of enemies so your team can attack, not left click to kill 1-4 people.
  12. Pyldrvr

If they are going to nerf the damage of the grenades, then they need to lower the cone of fire on the 5S because without the grenade launcher that gun blows.