For devs: Magrider auraxium lumifiber trim needs a change

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tankalishious, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Tankalishious

Hi.
    In my 33 years on this planet, 20 of em ive been playing games in some sort, either network(early days) or online, i have never ever seen a more, excuse my language, ****** execution of a master(or similar in other games) directive award than the magrider auraxium lumifiber trim... I mean, really... grinding through 1200 top gun kills, 1200 main gunx2 kills, 1200 driver assists and 1200 tank kills.... and what do you get...? a few blobbs of light on the tank... Is this some sort of bisarre anti-climatic joke from the devs? some "haha, joke`s on you"-thing? The other MBTs at least get some cool looks to em... being a big ugly bathtub from the start, and now turning into a bathtub that looks like it was on a rave party and someone cup open the light sticks and axxidentially stumbled, throwing the shiny contents all over you....? I bet a monkey on drugs could design something better in about 20 mins... Can you put someone on the job, putting an hour or two into some redesigning and get this award up on par with the grind put in to get there?
    A black chassis and lumifiber stripes may be too much to ask for as black chassis is superwhined uppon... but, come one... you can do better than the poor joke of an award as it is now... When i finally grinded it done, slotted it, i could hardly notise anything... the anti climax was... close to... game-deleting...

fix it please!

magrider stock, image from VR training:

[IMG][/URL]

magrider auraxium lumifiber trim, image from VR training:

[IMG][/URL]
    • Up x 1
  2. Skiptrace

You think that all of the Auraxium stuff is actually useful? Most if not ALL of the Auraxium guns, save for the VS Heat based ones are trash...
  3. Tankalishious

Im not talking aboutn it being GOOD, im talking about it being a showpiece, a trophy worth the grind. Statwise, i couldnt care less...
  4. LordMatt XLVIII

Honestly I don't focus on grinding directives because it's hundreds of hours of work for a shiny version of something I already have. No cosmetic is ever going to truly validate my skill with something, not that it won't give me an ego boost. XD

That being said, yeah, that sucks.
  5. Linus

From the previous threads (old ones) of the same topic, yep most of the Mag players seem to agree with you.
    The master directives award for the vehicles is purely rushed and the result is ugly.

During the day time, you can barely notice it, during the night time, it is a bit better
    Since they had made totally new auraxium guns for infantery, they could have least taken the time to desgin new auraxium plating for vehicles....
    But they have ignored our negative feedbacks in the past, so i doubt that they will do anything to change that now and later.
  6. Calisai

Look at it both during the day and night on all continents. The effect changes depending on which continent and what time of day you are on. It looks like complete s#$t on all but amerish daytime in my opinion.

All nighttime (when you would expect it to look good) looks like a white lumifiber (the glow overwhelms the color)... during the day, you can barely see it, but at least on amerish, you can tell it has an effect to it.

Honestly, at this point, I forget I even have it. If I want to look good, I use a normal lumifiber... at the very least they should change the glow to purple or pinkish... something that stands out more than white.

Meh... that said... between the lumifiber, the piss poor horns released for MBTs (an obviously poor money grab attempt).. and lack of any other cosmetic for the Mag... I've given up. I'll just leave my SC on my account and let it rot. It's not like there is anything of quality for me to buy for my Mag.
  7. Tankalishious

Its completely rediculous.... If you are to put mastery trees to keep people in the game, the end rewards must be an incentive for keeping gametime up. As of now, bad awards like the magrider auraxium lumifiber is as **** as is gets. Its a straight piss in the face and quite frankly insulting to people putting in time to stand out from the general crowd! The other MBTs at least, have something that follows the lines of the vehicle.... Magrider looks as if its been sneezed on and has to sport its glowing boogers....
    Item description says:
    "
    Auraxium lumifiber trim:
    Awarded for mastery of the magrider, this Auraxium lumifiber infused trim is confirmation of the owners tanking capabilities."

The text contra what you get is a pure insult to anyone who masters the magrider... I have rarely found a vehicle i like playing in any online game... I LOVE the magrider, its a fantasticly fun tank to play.... and then for mastering it... you get glowing boogers on the vehicle..... REALLY?!?!?!?!?
  8. Calisai

The aesthetics of it will always be debated. What looks good to one person may look like complete c#$p to another. Given that... the one overriding thing that stands out for me about the auraxium reward? You can't even tell its any different than the normal lumifiber that you can buy.

At the very least it should STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD... even if you think it looks like s$#t. Hell, if they gave me rainbow lumifiber, i'd be happy. Not because I'd like the look of it, but because I could flip it on and everyone would know what the hell it was... thus showing off (the whole point of a master-level cosmetic).

Right now the Mag version is barely noticeable during the day and hard to distinguish from the normal lumifibers at night.
  9. Tankalishious

Devs, ill give you a simple way of looking at why crapping on the awards is a bad way to go.
    To keep old timers in the game, you need some sort of bait to keep em going. when you are lvl 100 and maxed pretty much everything, becoming abit bling is a nice little treat. If you up the mastery level rewards to awesome stuff, even just design, you create good ambassadeurs! By having rare and cool stuff, you create buzz about it and others want what the top guns have, and start the grind to get it, thus getting more server action, and having busy servers is a huge benefit for newcomers. They want instant action, not look for fights and get a kill now and then. You want to cater the old timers, the top guns, they can be those ambassadeurs... By ******** on the mastery level items, you **** on the aforementioned group of gamers... Not a good thing to do.

Ill give you an easy out... Take the standard layered trim and the lumifiber trim, tweek it to stand out and look awesome by highlighting layers etc, and make it glow purple... aaaand done... 1 hour work, tops...
  10. Maulkin

Well they fixed it real good and got rid of it for the Magrider apparently. :(