Focus Test: Indar - 5/11 @ Noon PDT (19:00 UTC)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Malorn, May 9, 2013.

1. LibertyRevolution

Tutorial is broken.. it says shoot to hipfire at a target and the targets take no damage and does not tell you to proceed.
    Just keeps telling me to hipfire at the targets... It did this on all 3 the chars I made.
  2. Elrobochanco

Do people even show up for these focus tests? I've never seen more than 10 people in an area. MAXs aren't anywhere near ready, but you guys should just kick indar lattice to live as soon as the map is represented the way it is in Higby's tweets.

It's obvious the community was all talk about wanting to test stuff, or at least when it comes to actually playing and not just messing around in VR.
  3. Ixidron

want to know why?

• Devs don't tell us what they change.
    • Playtests mean nothing since they never tell us what they want us to test.
    • Playtests are never announced via twitter, reddit, live server or in game announcement.
    • Crashes to desktop make the server unplayable.
    • Constant updates with no changelog.
    • Server is American.
    • Weapons still cost certs instead of being unlocked by default.
    • There is no point for testing other than knowing what to expect since they don't listen to our feedback, there is no reward for playtesting, or bugs come to live servers despite having several threats stating them.
    • You have to redownload the whole game again instead of using some shared archives as a pattern.
    • Devs rarely show up during playtests.
    • Up x 1
  4. Paranormal

I love that the infiltrators motion sensor darts now give XP for kill assists!!!

The new capture times at all of the bases seem way to fast. It won't give the enemy enough time to setup an adequate defense at the next base. Maybe try a cap time which is in between what is in live currently and the current test server.

As far as the SCU I like that you have to hold the points first for a certain period of time before the SCU shields drop. That way the defenders have a chance to repel the attackers and a single person can't just run in and take out the SCU gen and SCU.

The tutorial ran great for me. The only other thing I would include is a forced link to the VR room to show that is a place for testing vehicles and weapons.
  5. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The Pistol fight today was great fun!
    Sadly, I never managed to catch Higby.
    The bugger just hides too well.
    Great test, in any case. MAX suits still seem to have the sprint bug.
  6. Mastachief

Capture times are far too short keep them as long as they are on live. Any shorter than the cap times are on live and you may as well just surrender the bases if you don't have equal or more than pop of the attacking force.

Also it would be nice to bring back the actual hold E to hack the point just like the generators this adds an element of risk to the game and you could have it so if the friendly empire rehacks the timer is reset to 0. This would actually serve to encourage retaking a base before the hack goes through and punish the attacking force for not guarding the point.
  7. Eclipson

Don't really show up becuase its just generally miserable to test. Constant crashing and horrible frame rates just draw me away from testing and make me not want to come back. I want to help test things, buts it hard to tell if anything needs to be changed when I crash every two minutes.
  8. Loegi

I'm not sure about the cap times. The way it was last night it felt too fast and you could just continue capping easily. Though this might've been avoided if there were more defenders. Maybe even necessary with ample defence. Can't judge the SCU system just yet.

Rashnu Cavers was awesome though. And the connection from Snake Ravine Lookout to Vanu Archives still looks weird, seems like it's missing a road in my opinion.
  9. Lyel

One, the crashing is on your side.

Two, if you say they never tell us what they are testing, you've never been part of the focus tests (we just had 3 in a row this week)

Three, they are announced here and in the game server (though hours before it starts.) If you're gonna be part of the PTS, you need to actively engage in discussions here.

Four, I've met Higby at least three times now, 2 not even during a focus test, just randomly hanging around. You can't log on for 20 minutes once every few days and expect to meet a game dev, that's unreasonable.

Five, you start out with 10,000 certs, buy your damn stuff.

Six, you're an idiot if you say they don't listen to us.

And finally, Seven, you DO have a good point with not writing down the changes they make. But these are ususlly just punching in a number and sending it immediately to the PTS.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ixidron

Crashes are client side, but you cannot deny crashes are far more common in the test server, I usually have 1 crash per hour, and in live servers I have 1 crash per 1-3 days and that after a GU.

I've been there, all I read was "we will start in 10 minutes, I'll restart the map give me a second", on zurvan playtest there were like 12 guys maybe, didn't read anything from devs, then I crashed to desktop.

Here and the test server in game announcements are not enough, specially if you want to fill the server, what's the point of announcing it to people that are already playing in the test server? they probably know about it, usually what they want to test is not stated or very vague, check the OP, hey, we have experimental changes we want to test, what changes? we want everyone to attack zurvan so we can check the new changes, again, what changes? also notice how playtests are scheduled a day or a few hours before the playtest (record at 5/9 5 hours before the playtest).
    They need a damn monthly calendar.

I don't want to meet them, I just want them to give in game instructions via broadcast, something like, hey, today we want to test the new capture times, or shotguns, or SMGs, or X weapon/vehicle/ability.

10k certs, wow, amazing, considering weapons cost 1k cert each not counting extras, if you want to test new changes to certain types of weapons you have not enough certs, is it so hard to unlock all weapons for everyone? I'm just asking for weapons, I want extras locked so we can gradually test them, I unlock level 1 I test them, them level 2, etc.

Check the threads about MAX abilities, there are like 5 per ability, check the sticky thread about bugs, you can clearly see how bugs in the test server are carried to live server.
    • Up x 1