Flying & Gamepads

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tooks, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Tooks

Does anyone use a gamepad/joystick for flying? I've just configured my Xbox 360 pad (which is sat next to my laptop) for flight controls and find the ESF's much easier to handle as apposed to using my mouse. The only issue is the tilt/pitch controls are a little sensitive as rather than reading the sensitivity of the stick its just kind of 'on' 'off' so if the stick tilts in any direction even slightly the craft will turn full-speed that-a-way.

Does anyone who uses gamepads for flying know how to set the analog sticks so they are considered a 'joy stick' and thus will let me configure the sensitivity etc?
  2. Dixa

that's how i'm rolling it when i do fly. the game has no real analog controls so until then any joystick or gamepad useage will prob not be as good as mouse and keyboard - provided you aren't hardwired like most of us old fogeys to be only able to use a joystick or gamepad to fly (damn you ace combat!!!)
  3. LOLdragon

Uh... wish I could fix your problem, but WOW, I had no idea I could play this with my wired 360 controller! Oh, this should make flying SO much better than with the mouse and keyboard... can you have both plugged in and just switch between them on the fly? (no pun intended)
  4. Tooks

I just find it much easier to tilt a stick to turn then slide my mouse over and over. I guess until (if ever) analog support is brought in i'll have to get used to the sensitivity. That or I guess I could throw up xpadder with mouse movement bound to the analog stick, that should give me control over the sensitivity.. hmm... i should test this.

Edit:

Yeah, my gamepad is plugged in and sits next to my laptop and when I need to fly I grab it. If you're going to do it i'd highly recommend mapping your mouse to the analog stick in xpadder so you can control the pitch sensitivity!
  5. LazySpoon