Flash VS Smoke grenades - when are they useful?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Benlisted, Jun 20, 2013.

1. HeadshotVictim

underbarrel flash nades would be awesome for LA :D
    THAT would be such fun!

I use Flash Nades, since hipfiring in a smoke cloud gets you killed more often than not.
    And frag nades don't get **** done
  2. TeknoBug

I've been using flash more often and you can tell when people are hit by it, they tend to slow down and occasionally bump into things- that's when I shoot them.

When I'm hit by them I navigate by memory to the closest thing I can take cover in, I've even shot players even while completely blinded because I can remember where they're standing or going.
  3. Armed Weasel

The flashbang seems useful. Feels good to clear a room after tossing one. It doesn't affect anyone who looks away, though, so you just have to straight up kill the guys who were guarding the other door, or draw their attention so everyone looks at the flash when it goes off.
  4. Kyouki

Both are uselss. The flash bang's effect is not big enough to completely blind a room. Lots of people with brighter screens will just shoot at you. Smoke doesn't work because many people play on low settings and the amount of smoke that is emitted is laughable.
  5. teks

Smoke is more useful in general but its better as a underbarrel with engy. An engy can make safe zones for the friendlies. It works great.
    Flash is terrible. I got flashed and my screen turned white for a few seconds. I killed the guy and told him the flash just didnt do its job. If it was a frag i would have died. I dont get the frag hate. It nets me plenty of kills.