Flash Suppressor or Suppressor for a GR-22

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by jeuvisage, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jeuvisage

So I was wondering which one people would recommend since i'd rather not waste 100 credits on something crappy like Soft Point Ammo.
  2. irishroy

go for flashS.
    i got the suppressor, and my bullets started to go anywhere, but not where they should go( on longerrange).
    first i got the supprssor, but when i had to fight a bit at longerranges, i suck'd...
    tried the flashsuppressor and everything was fine again ;)

go for flashsuppressor.
    it's like:
    supp:
    +hides you completely on minimap,
    -bulletspread increases

flashS:
    +does not hide you as good as the supp, but still very good.
    - //nothing//

so the supp, if you only/most of the time go in CQC and duels
    flashS for CQC and also at "longrange"^^

and another downside of the supp: the enemies still can hear you. your gun is not as loud as normal, but you can still hear it.
  3. HerpTheDerp

Does flash suppressor really hide you on the minimap? I thought all it did was eliminate the flash.
  4. Sebyos

Behind able to long range people and play in enemy lines without being noticed is extremely good and very fun. There's just no way I would use flash again instead of the suppressor.
  5. SinerAthin

Being noticed on the minimap is really not as big an issue for a Combat Medic.

You'll usually be with a team on the frontline, so subtlety isn't really an issue.

If you got an excess amount of Certs, I'd recommend F-Suppressor.

Think it would be more fitting on a Light Assault than a Combat Medic.
  6. Epoch/Eep

Your mainly playing an engineer.
    I don't think you know what a combat medic does.
    I'm not trying to start a flame mate, Its just us medics see these comments and stuff quite often.
    We're combat medics and although you might see lots of newbie ones hiding behind the zerg fighting over revives. A lot of us are actually in the front of a fight pushing the lines because were possibly the best anti infantry unit outside of a HE tank or zephyr :)

Your life span increases so much if your not spotted when you fire. Its highly significant.
  7. Takoita

The point of the flash suppressor is, you know, lessen the muzzle flash of your weapon, thus allowing you to shoot without blinding yourself. Ergo its usefullness is entirely dependant on the weapon in question. Does your muzzle flash give you trouble? Then you know what to do.
  8. AtroposZero

Care to explain? I'm not completely disagreeing here... medics have a place on the front line; I'm just curious as to why you think they're the best AI infantry kit. Are you referring to the force multiplier effect of being able to keep allies alive and in the heat of battle, or something organic to the medic itself?
  9. HerpTheDerp

We have the best guns. Carbines are gimped at a distance, LMGs are gimped in CQC, ARs are good at everything. Well, they can be good at anything if you pick the right one.
  10. irishroy

like the GR-22
  11. Erendil

My Engie's Pulsar C would like to have a word w/ you.
  12. HerpTheDerp

Pulsar C is like Mercenary just slightly worse, and Mercenary is like Gauss Rifle just slightly worse(save for hipfire accuracy). So, no.
  13. Erendil

The Gauss may be a bit better than the Pulsar C at long range firefights but I'd hardly call the C gimped at distance, esp w/ a 6x scope, Adv foregrip, and HV ammo. Just like I wouldn't call an Orion or SVA-88 with a Laser sight and 2x reflex/IRNV gimped at CQC (or an AR for that matter). The right carbine or LMG can be good at everything too.

More on topic... Suppressors won't hide you from Scout Radar, and the report from a suppressed weapon can still be heard from quite a distance (maybe 75m or so). Given a choice between the two I'd probably go with the Flash Suppressor.since there's no counter for the smaller flash and it has no real downsides. Unless you plan and doing a lot of long range (100m+) shooting, in which case the Suppressor may be better.
  14. irishroy

but i thought with the suppressor you loose accuracy at longer-ranges?
    or was ist "full-auto-emptying-the-clip"?
  15. Erendil

AFAIK the Suppressor only reduces your muzzle velocity, and thus your bullet drop (for TR/NC) and the damage you do at a given range.

The Flash Suppressor description says it'll increase your automatic fire accuracy a tiny bit (or something like that, not sure of the exact wording). I've not tried out a FS yet tho.
  16. Suriakk

I have the GR-22 and I have the 1x reflex, advanced laser sight and the suppressor and SPA. I pretty much fight at <40m anyways so the spa suits me well and when the fit hits the shan the suppressor keeps me off the map. I have zero issue taking down targets either. If I need range I swap to my Reaper DMR.
  17. irishroy

reaper?
    i just go with gauss s with HVA, comp., forgrip, & 6x scope ;)
    my GR-22-loadout:
    flashsupp.
    3.4 LACO
    adv. laser

go for the 3.4 , not for 1x or 2x. trust me. 3.4 rocks more than 1x/2x ^^
  18. DuckSauce

I go with the flash suppressor. As a medic I'm typically moving with a squad - so the suppressor doesn't help, and it kills damage at range anyway.

However, not having a muzzle flash (both suppressor and flash suppressor do this) does get you shot at noticeably less, especially when moving with other friendlies and double-especially at night. I go with the flash suppressor because the downside is less noticeable.
  19. James Seth Lynch

I honestly havent noticed any downsides at all with the flash suppressor for my TRV.

Also while the TRV says its only 250 certs its really 350. You need the flash suppressor as its an ADS weapon and the flash is blinding.

And again ultimately subtly isnt the Combat medic's strong suit anyway so the flash suppressor is the only thing you should consider.
  20. }{ellKnight

Heh, for me the TRV is a 450 cert gun. 250 for the gun and another 200 for the adv laser. I never paid much attention to it but I'll give the flash suppressor a go (I sitting on roughly 800 certs atm, saving up for an anihilator). I have the normal suppressor. but that kinda screwed with my performance long range and I just can't get a feel for the gun when it fires silently. It's weird, I don't have this issue at all in other games (I prefer suppressed weapons) but the TRV just feels weaker with the sound supressor on.