Flash Grenades.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Flarestar, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Flarestar

Anyone besides me experimented with these yet? I'm finding it hard to justify using them over a regular grenade. The underbarrel smoke launcher I can totally justify over the underbarrel grenade launcher - the volume of smoke generated provides fantastic coverage for an entire assault team to charge through a choke, and the immediate drop in friendly deaths when the smoke hits is very noticeable.

The flash grenade, on the other hand, doesn't actually blind you - I can still see enemies pretty clearly. It also appears to have a very short radius - barely that of a regular grenade. And of course it's utterly useless unless they're facing it. I've played with it a fair bit now, and the only time I've gotten any significant benefit from using it was tossing it right in front of an enemy defensive choke from behind enemy lines - lands in front, they get blinded. That's so horribly situational though that I really can't say it's worth it, since in that situation I could just throw a regular grenade and kill them all outright.

Thoughts?
  2. FluffyM

I've had very varying amounts of success with them. I think they also slow turn-rate of people affected, so they're okay-ish, but seeing as I get at least 1 kill with almost every regular nade, I hardly ever use them.
  3. Sloddo

I tried them out alot during beta. I thought they did what they were meant to do, which is disorient the enemy. The problem I noticed in using them, is that none of the other surrounding friendlies seemed to realize they were flash-bangs, and only I would go rushing in after throwing one, which wasn't nearly as effective as a group assault (I was playing solo, so that could have just been the issue right there).
  4. Ghoest

Its hard to think that a frag grenade wouldnt better almost always.