Flare versus Ursa, the difference?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wrel, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Wrel Developer

That's my take, anyway.
    Let me know what you think!
    • Up x 3
  2. Konfuzfanten

After watching one of your videos, i tried by flare again but this time with the 150 mag, and for open ground, close-medium range combat, its actually pretty good. That 150 mag makes a huge difference.

Ofc switching to an auto-shotgun or Orion when in buildings...
  3. Rogueghost

You couldn't have posted this at a better time, I just got auraxium with the Orion on my VS alt and I was looking for a new weapon to use.

I think I'll get the flare just because of its considerably cheaper price and that I don't plan on using it anywhere outside x2 reflex range.
  4. Psykmoe

Gauss SAW also can't switch fire modes.

Anyway, Flare may have a 2x Burst mode but combining 0.45 recoil with 2x first shot recoil gives it the second worst burst grouping of any gun and the worst of any LMG. TMG-50 and even Em6 have much better burst modes. If you use burst mode, every second shot has double recoil. Just use full auto and compensate by hand.

The Ursa is better at everything except fire rate, which makes it worse in closer distances where the Flare can rock SPA and/or run exmags to be a 150 round Rambo gun. 550/167 is comparable to 652/143 which just isn't that good closer up.

Flare also has the strongest horizontal recoil sway of any 167 LMG across all 3 factions, further making it annoying to use at long ranges even with grip.

Ursa handles better in every way but the low sustained output biases it towards mid-long range where handling becomes more important than raw volume of lead.

The Ursa's 0.4 recoil with x1.5 first shot recoil is tied with the GD-22S for best among 167 damage LMGs.
    • Up x 1