Flack armor price 1,10,50,150...1000? wut

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dornez, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dornez

Last cert goes from 22.5% to 25% So what is up with the crazy price jump.

Same story with nano
  2. Tobax

its because they want lower BR players to have a fair chance
  3. Woshee

I would more say it is to encourage entry into the game and trying to hook people. While the last level is a grind to create a time sink for an already hooked player trying to make their character "perfect"
  4. Dornez

so 2.5% difference makes me so awesome I need to pay nearly 10x the certs for the same boost?

rank 1-4 none of the boosts are that low why is the last rank the lowest improvement and the most expensive?
  5. Tantal

It's an end game thing. All the unlocks that have tiers have an expensive last tier that doesn't give you that much of a boost over the previous tier. It's only there to give you something to dump certs into that you have accumulated after playing the game for a long while.
  6. Vreki

They promised us that it would take years to unlock everything.
    So either they make lots of content, or they set ridiculous prices for the last levels.
  7. Jawa

This.
    Think of it as something to spend your certs on many many months down the road when you have everything else.
    Hey, at least there'll be something you can spend them on rather than stockpiling them
  8. Luft

Flak armor's last tier is getting a buff to 50% effectiveness over 25%. So sayeth the Higby.
  9. SenEvason

That would be interesting.
  10. Garrix

I don't think it will be a flat buff to the last rank only, it will probably start at 25% and go up 5% or so each rank, or something similar. It does basically make flak armor the best armor in almost all situations though, due to all the explosive **** around. The real question is does maxed flak armor let you survive claymores, c4, and bouncing bettys (and rockets to the face)?