[Suggestion] Fixing the NC MAX - Simple solution.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by SiosDashcR, Mar 19, 2013.

1. SiosDashcR

Most people complain about the ability of the NC MAX to utterly destroy in CQQ .. and that's true.
    NC players retort that there's a significant damage drop off range that occurs after 5m (which if all shots landed and none were being avoided, then is true.)

And then we have the argument that..
    NC MAXes can still sprint up and close that distance to destroy enemy units.

Why not just have it so that after Charging, you cannot fire you weapon for 3-5 seconds but can still mindlessly wander about?
    It allows the NC MAX to keep their Charge, for escape or traveling purposes as well as the TR MAX and VS to not suffer losing it either.

Tbh - I don't find too much of an issue with the NC MAX. Yes, they're unbearable - but that's why us Engineers have claymores (or proximity mines if you're VS) and C4s/Tankmines stacking.

Set them down appropriately before the NC attack, if they are attacking - and if defending, throw some certs into Flash/Concussion (100 certs, I believe.)

I understand that not everyone may have the certs to throw into either Grenade, but when you consider the investment that those NC MAXes place into their LOLHAX guns, you have to do a bit of investments yourself.

Plus, two rocket shots (if you can coordinate this properly with a friendly after a conc grenade) will take down a MAX. No certs are needed for the rockets and the conc only helps but isn't mandatory.
  2. Crazytrain

No. VS and TR MAX's also use Charge offensively and not just to run down fleeing opponents but to get behind AV mana turrets before they easy-bake you and so on.

I would stop playing MAX altogether after such a nerf.
  3. PurpleOtter

The NC MAX is not broken, it does not need to be fixed....
    • Up x 3
  4. SiosDashcR

Fair enough - I repeal my suggestion.
  5. Crazytrain

To clarify, if I'm pushing in to a room and see a wall of turrets, I try to Charge past them and mow down the gunners. If I'm weapon locked post-Charge and can't respond to all the auto/pump shotguns the engineers pulled, then I'm utterly useless in that situation beyond being a distraction for my squad mates.
  6. Jeralamo

Simple solution is to nerf MAX vs MAX damage. In biolab fights its almost impossible in the right situation to gain any ground outside the spawn room shields. rocket launcher rush? nope. jet pack on the roof and hope to c4 them from behind? nope hacksaws on the roofs now. MAX suit rush? hell no.
    But if MAX vs MAX was nerfed a bit then you could rush in with maxes and HAs to have a better chance of cleaning them up.

PS why the **** does SOE allow MAXs suits on the biolab roof tops!!??
  7. TiberiusAudley

There is a bug with jump heights when jumping from an incline.
  8. Jeralamo

yeah i know how its done but I dont know why SOE thinks its a good idea for MAXs to be on the roofs.
    nothing worse then thinking your going to out smart those dirty NC by jet packing on the roof only to get 3/4 the way up and see a hacksaw max already laughing at you :(

haha when i first saw hacksaw maxes on the roof and died instantly from them i just sat there and stared at the screen for like 3 minutes...

Edit: oh you said BUG...gotcha...
  9. ThalonGauss

They just need to bring the TR and VS maxes into the 100% clone weapon damage that the NC max has no other changes needed.
  10. CrashB111

People defending the NC MAX always like to bring stuff like this up, as if it defends their broken MAX.

If it requires this much effort, teamwork, and cert investment to kill 1 MAX out of the three while the other two can be downed by 1 HA or LA in a straight up fight, the one that requires so much more work than the others is unbalanced.
  11. Badname3073

The simplest way to fix NC max is to cut its damage by half. That way it will match the TR max's cyclers and VS max's whatever, which do half the damage of the corresponding infantry gun, while NC max currently does the full damage of the corresponding infantry gun. If you double the TR and VS max damage, there will be no point playing any infantry class anymore.
  12. Zenanii

We want a balanced game, not the NC max removed completely -_-

Making shotguns and machine guns available for all maxes would really be the easiest solution (but would remove faction originality, so not ideal)
  13. Badname3073

I respect that. Thus, here is what I suggested:
  14. Maddonious

NC max is not broken for the #9345 time. I will state that of all maxes it is the one that does its job spot on to move in and flush enemies out of rooms so teammates can proceed while the others need a bit of an upgrade. On the charger topic just as we can rush to you you can rush away from us if your quick enough to realize you wont survive without backup.

All the TR and VS have to do to counter the NC max is use explosives, bait tactics, teamwork. When im in my suit you know who the first I target is???? that right your maxes so use yourself as a distraction for your partners and distance yourselves away from them so your infantry can focus fire on them while you survive by running.

I will say they should cost way more then just 100 resource as they are forces to be reckoned with in the right situations and hopefully the revamp will change that to at least 250 perhaps so you cant just keep them coming. Also people tend to forget the NC have to put at least 500-1000 more certs (if you used SC for your guns) to even make them deadly after 2 kill as we reload a ton and the extended clip is MANDATORY unlike the TR and VS ones where they have lots of ammo to spare without upgrading.

When the revamp does come out I guarantee that the turret/lock down mode (like on your tanks) will blow people away if you set up down hallways or does with your engis fixing you as they dont know if you'll get more defense/offense when that ability comes out and I am actually scared how they might start to shred infantry once its acquired.
    • Up x 2
  15. Maddonious

You do realize that at default we only have 6 shots in our guns? Half damage would mean it would take half/most of clip depending on the type/distance of enemy and to make us any useful is to extend our shotguns with 500 cert each? Thats not taking into account those who perfer only 1 shotty and a AV/AA on the other hand if they perfer/cant afford the 2nd shotgun yet.

This "fix" you suggest would make us worthless at any range.

Contrary to popular belief our max takes 2-3 shots most the time to kill someone and more if HAs pop sheilds as the "1 shot" rule only applies if your literally making out with us.
  16. Ash87

If anything, as was originally suggested by colt556, buff the TR and VS maxes.

Max suites should be feared. Some things that can be done here, is overall, boost Maxes as a whole. Make them more resistant to small arms fire. A max suite should absolutely be something that you plink away at with a rifle for a minute. Stopping there they would be unbeatable though, so here is the rest: While they are more resistant to small arms fire, make them less resistant to explosives and rockets. Considering their mobility when they aren't dashing, when a max suite hits an explosive it should be devestating. This would mean that infantry would simply need to see a max coming and hit it with gernades, claymores, and rockets. You'd have a well defined response to them. You can still kill them with gunfire, but since they are suppose to be the equivalent of a walking AI Tank, raise their price, and if you only have a gun, hope you can out-maneuver them long enough. Another solution would be to roll out maxes designed to combat them. A max suite that walks out with dual AI Weapons though? It shouldn't be very useful against another max unit. Why? It's using small arms. Very good small arms, but it's still small arms fire, so max v. max will be a much more drawn out fight. A max suite that is good against infantry, should have issues fighting other max suites. A max suite designed to fight max suites and vehicles, should cut through max suites like they are made out of butter. Plasma torches to replace flamethrowers, AP rounds, etc.

Also to better reflect the groups they represent, each faction's max should exemplify their preferred combat style. NC at close range, as good as it is now. TR at medium range with tighter COF to reflect that, and faster ROF. VS at Long range with very tight COF and less damage dropoff at range, coupled with no projectile drop. TR would be effective at range, but it's abilities mean that it is better to lock down at medium range and suppress areas. VS can jump to nearby high points and rain accurate fire down from on high. NC Dominate in buildings throwing up the shields to tank it up for a few moments.

So tl:dr

All max suites:
    -Boost base resistance to Small Arms fire 25-40% Prior to kinetic upgrade
    -Decrease resistance to explosives 25-40% prior to flak upgrades
    -Increase health
    -Increase cost from 100 to 200-300 infantry points
    -Allow lockons rockets to target.

max Weapons:
    -Count as small arms fire, so less effective against other max suites.
    -allow anti-max weaponry that'll be Much more effective against Maxes

TR Maxes
    -Boost ROF and reduce COF to be better at medium range

VS maxes
    -Boost accuracy and reduce damage dropoff to be better at long range.
  17. Beartornado

Taking on an NC MAX at range with an LA or HA requires nearly no work or danger compared to taking on a TR or VS MAX at range.

Taking on an NC MAX in CQC with an LA or HA has greater danger and work than taking on a TR or VS MAX in CQC, yet TR and VS MAX in CQC can still pose a great threat if they aim just as well as the NC MAX.

Where is the problem? Is the shotgun broken because it killed the HA with an LMG at close range, or is the LMG broken because the shotgunner got torn up by the bullet hose of the LMG at medium range.
  18. SiosDashcR

I'm a frequent TR MAX myself..

I've downed quite a bit of NC MAXes, if you play your cards properly.
    • Up x 1
  19. CrashB111

You must never enter a Biolab then or try to stand near a capture point for that matter.

What about the NC MAX gives it the right to one shot kill a TR or VS MAX suit before they can even think about moving one way or the other? There is nothing against it killing regular infantry so quickly since the Mercies and Cosmos can sort of do the same. But it should NOT be one shot killing other MAX suits especially since the TR and VS have no comparable weapon systems available to them. Literally the only option a TR or VS MAX has when a NC MAX rounds the corner is to attempt and charge away from it before they get gibbed.
  20. Ash87

We should boost Max suite resistance to small arms fire, to make them less effective against each other, not nerf the weapons they already have.