Fixing infantry by removing it ;)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brok9000, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Brok9000

It is the future and infantry wears armor about as useful as storm trooper crap!

SO! Replace it with new => "ANTI-GRAVITY ARMOR". I mean hell, IT IS THE FUTURE!

This armor allows all infantry to FLY at 7/8s the speed of the slowest aircraft. Maybe LAs can fly faster with their rocket packs for short periods.

NOW no more infantry because infantry becomes... a NEW FORM OF AIRCRAFT.

YES! You can:

* fly up and plant C4 on hovering gunships and ESFs! <BOOM BABY!>
    * fly up and assault liberators
    * rocket pods? hahahahaha Only skilled pilots will be able to shoot down flying infantry
    * EPIC aerial "aircraft infantry" combat
    * do other epic things that should be in the future of actual futuristic warfare

Talk about awesomeness and immediate fix to vehicle<->infantry balance because there won't be any infantry anymore, just swarms of flying death.

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme
  2. Flarestar

... get out.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jimmy DeSouza

This idea will solve absolutely no problems and will create numerous other ones.
  4. bPostal

I AM IRONMAN!
    <zoom!>
  5. Rothnang

Adding an Air-Flash to the game would be great to keep the air power in check a bit more. The only thing about that would have to be that it deconstructs when you get out, so it doesn't replace a regular flash entirely.
  6. Seryi

If SOE makes this happen, I'll give them all of my Smedbucks.

For that matter, why not go to the next logical step too? Give tanks jets and let them fly too!

Now everyone can dogfight in Planeside 2, just as the developers intended!
  7. HJK148

It might be alright if it was like a MAX suit but cost you about 500 Infantry and Aerospace points, and maybe if you had to unlock it with something like 500-750 certs to unlock, noobs wouldn't use them too much. It would be a good idea if there weren't many people using the class and if it were balanced properly. They would have to have a lot less fire-power than other classes to make up for the ability to fly but I just don't see it happening.
  8. Brok9000

We get all vehicles for free (well, no cert cost). This is free. It is not OP. Just use AA. Problem solved. Maybe 150 air resources, that is about right. 5 minute cooldown.
  9. Believer

lol only cheaters and cheater-fodder play infantry now
  10. Vlas

• Up x 1