[BUG] Fix your games DBG: LaunchPad was unable to connect.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zaspacer, Aug 2, 2016.

1. zaspacer

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visithttps://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (4-503)

Fix your game(s) DBG. You can look at my sig for a screenshot of this.

I can connect and use/play every other game/program on my comp. I have checked Google and see that this issue pops up for EQ and H1Z1 users too... and has so for a while now.

I know you guys at DBG can't be typically be bothered to fix bugs, but this one stops players from even getting into your game. It's like a store that has doors that lock people out during business hours. *boggle*
  2. Who Garou

What did you try to do to resolve the issue so far?

Did you contact DBG's customer service and put in a ticket yet?
  3. Eternaloptimist

And have you checked your firewall settings? defaults will allow some games to boot but not others.

What was the Error code you got?
  4. zaspacer

I exchanging emails with them now. They want me to try a clean boot and then (if that works) to manually check through each startup program.

PS2 has been so poorly QA'd (and routinely break new things with new patches), that I have little faith in them. Even now my PS2 taskbar has a generic exe icon instead of the PS2 logo.

But I'll try what they're asking and we'll see where this goes.

Any specific suggestions?

Error code is typically "(4-503)". Though rarely it is a different number(s?).
  5. Vanir

I am having the exact same issue. I was able to play yesterday and the day before and the day before that without any problems until today where I am now getting the same message. I have tried doing a clean reboot and I have tried connecting with my firewalls turned off, I have not made any changes to my computer since I last played. I have tried everything I can think of and it still won't connect for some reason... :(
  6. zaspacer

You might try turning off and unplugging the modem for 20 seconds, then plugging it back in and turning it back on. Then, once the connection establishes again, try loading LaunchPad. This should reset your connection. It works for me sometimes.
  7. Eternaloptimist

Can't remember where to set it offhand but PS2 never liked to connect through a proxy server. There is a tab in "settings" (I think) on your general computer system . In it there is a tickbox saying "Use proxy server" or something like that and you can untick it.

Also, you can open up your firewall and tick "amend/remove". You should get a list of connecitons like PS2 etc. with a box against each item on the list that says "allow, "block" or something else. Check that your PS2 programmes listed there (plus any platform you use, like Steam) are set to "allow"

This is an error others have encoutered. I got this from Reddit

Thank you for contacting Daybreak Games. The error you're encountering is a Socket Error, which has many causes. Please use this checklist and follow the directions below to ensure that your computer is set up correctly to use the Launchpad.
    1. Install all of your most recent Windows Updates. Our most recent launchpad version requires assets from the most recently available Windows updates package and will likely not run unless your operating system is fully updated.
    2. Reset your Internet options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab. scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk then click on Ok.
    3. Windows Proxy Settings: Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28400
    4. LP4 Cache Settings: If some cached information is preventing the LP4 from working properly, they can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try ccessing the game once again. Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29017
    5. Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable AV/FW software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software. Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7515
    • Up x 1