Fix your game SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FireMudkip, Nov 22, 2012.

1. FireMudkip

I waited 2 years for this game. What did I get? A laggy, broken faction based game with 97% teamkilling, 2% running around and 1% fighting. I can run Skyrim and Battlefield 3 on max graphics at the same time and run smoothly, but I have everything on low on this piece of garbage and I get 10 fps. It's amazing just how much SOE can mess up a great game that had potential.
  2. iGamer1990

well somebody is having a bad day...
    • Up x 1
  3. RyanRMC

You should ask for your money back.
  4. FireMudkip

You would have a bad day too if you waited 2 years for a unplayable piece of ****
    • Up x 1
  5. BlitzLexikon

^^
  6. zukhov

I don't have any problems, PS2 has always run smoothly for me with no game breaking bugs. Even in beta.

Check your PC?
  7. Skillet

No problems here either, take a computer class.
  8. KaiserX

I find that the balance and progression to be even worse than the beta.

It takes days to get 100 Cert, but only if you don't end up wasting it up on something before you hit 40.

Even more when you want to unlock weapons.

The annoying thing is that SOE is treating weapon unlocks the same way as WoT treats 'research unlocks'...
    The difference is that the progression is way easier with WoT than SOE.

You'd think that capturing bases would earn you certs faster, but in most cases no, faction related battles you will notice that the TR and VS maintains better dominance of their bases much longer than usual now that it's Open Beta. This results in slower progression based on factions too.

With World of Tanks, it's matchmaking gaming and offers tiers of gameplay levels.
    You unlock the 1st stages quite easily within less than a hour of gameplay, and unlock tanks within a day to a week.

With the lack of other weaponry, I'm sure SOE thinks that they'd profit by making a static price of all weapon unlocks to 700 SC and then charge extremely high amounts of Certs to frustrate the f2p progression so people cannot get a freaking rocket pod on their Reaver within less than a week.

Oh it's 'technically' possible to earn 1000 Cert within a week, but only if you spend more than 6 hours a day playing the game, which I expect not a lot of the average players would have on this. It's also technically possible if you decided to farm certs with a large group of players instead of freaking playing the game as SOE intended, and the latter is what I'm expecting to occur in the community.

The progression is so slow, that players who gives into spending station cash will become the next set of wallet warriors, and I feel this is much more of a Pay 2 Win over RMT...

In short, SOE's RMT model fails!

They really have no creativity, I do wonder who they hire sometimes. I mean who the heck values weapon unlocks at 7 dollars? In WoT it only made sense because they are separated by tier costs, and every tank has a strength and weakness that can be exploited in 15v15 team matches. But in the case of PS2, the weapon has no restriction on it's use whatsoever, so people who do buy the most expensive cert based weapons in SC, will do more than 'outperform' f2p players.

These days, North American publishers are too into looking at financial revenues than creative outcomes in a community. Heck I seem to have more hopes on Asian publishers like Nexon these days.
  9. Jonesitronator

Man down! Call a waaambulance!
    • Up x 1
  10. Root

There certainly is a lot of rage around here.
  11. wolfva

The dark side is strong in this one; hmm yes it is hmmm.

So, who's fault is it that the game didn't live up to your expectations? SOE's for not designing a game specifically for you? Or you for having unrealistically high expectations? Personally, I keep my expectations low. That way I'm happy when I log on.

It's funny though, a lot of people take offense at that concept. Like, it's better to be angry then to enjoy yourself <shrug>. Ah well, they can stew and fume; I'll just have fun playing the game. Except when I'm stuck at work on freaking doubleshifts <grumble>.
  12. Rec0n412

Unfortunately, they do have valid points.

Unfortunately for me, SOE does not offer refunds for alpha squad purchases. Which is a pity, because the game looked so promising in early beta, and then...

At any rate, prices will get more than likely be bounced around as they get sales data from the game.

Still seems like a mistake to me, especially when you consider that the other weapons are not supposed to be offering anything game-breaking, or anything all that special to begin with.
  13. KaiserX

Nah, North American development of games tends to update more, but balanced to the point of frustration all on the point of what the financial department thinks.

In short, unless it's legal or revenue, it doesn't get acknowledge well enough in North America.

The imbalance is real, it's just that most people are too dimwitted and doesn't look at the broad range of video games to analyze it.
    When infantry combat is mitigated to a incredibly weak level, and forces people on 'team-work', it results in team killing instead of co-operation.

So the TKers? They are a result of weak infantry roles versus aircraft and tanks.
    By amping up the cost of C4 to 200 cert (I think it's because the tank fappers were complaining about being stealthly bombed), a lot of players cannot get them and will instead go into other progressions. This increases the tank and aircraft strength versus infantry by a TON.

Then the fact that every single player can own their own tank, means that weak infantry gameplay will push players into either tank or aircraft, until they can't afford it.

During the beta using a Tank and being bombarded by Rockets is not a freaking deal, I run over them with lightnings when they camp around corners... But that idea didn't work well because of the laggy system not processing half the people I 'clipped' through with my tank.

Where as people huddle in corners and shoot in groups, I prefer a commando style where I observe and cause a lot of damage.
    The push by SOE to weaken 'lonewolfing' as they call it, actually makes it impossible do go up against groups until you somehow find a way to make 1000 certs to funnel into the C4 and demolition based abilities.

Don't get me started with MAXs and Heavy Assaults, the AoE on the grenade launchers is very VERY underwhelming. It's like it's not even a 'grenade'. Rocket launchers, I don't find it's use very often when people run around zerging.

One aspect of weak anti-infantry can also be from the scopes too, because for some reason SOE decided to use 'black crosshairs' when it doesn't mesh with the damn renders when you snipe!

At least in BF3 the tanks are much more easily destroyed by infantries than one would think, as that game designed accessibility to progression to be easier to handle.
  14. Vicis

I waited close to 10 years.

I'm loving it.

Maybe you should upgrade your PC and learn to play a little better?
  15. Bodybag2224

I've had 0 problems running the game. Don't play a massive MMO with a general purpose computer and expect it to work flawlessly.

I"ve played for 2 days and accrued 120 Certs with a total gameplay time of 4 hours. Learn to shoot, learn a role and learn to do it effectively. I play engineer with a healthy 1.4 KDR. You just have to practice and get good.
  16. wolfva

Kaiserx, not gonna quote your post but I don't think it's really going to be a problem...that infantry will be so weak people will only play vehicles. Because people play what they like; not everyone likes vehicles. Further, there is a definitive role for infantry. Heck, even in battles with hordes of tanks I usually see more infantry.

Infantry is always going to be weaker then vehicles; and it should be. 1 man in armor should not equal a 100 ton battle tank, or a hovering fighter with dual rocket pods. Where infantry gets their strength is in numbers, stealth, and trickery. I've defeated tanks in beta as an LA by sneaking behind them and slapping a couple of C4s on their backsides. I've defeated planes on foot by keeping them distracted so they didn't see friendly aircraft, or because they were so intent on killing me they didn't notice the rock spur in front...sure, I got no deathspam but so what? I lived, they died; my victory.
  17. xtoph

Im curious what kind of computer you are trying to play this "******" game on. If it is such a peice of c-r-a-p then why are thousands and thousands of people enjoying it?
  18. Xshadow101

I don't like this game either I played beta and thought it would be better but no this game is a piece of ****.

Most disappointing game of 2012:
    1.) Planetside 2