Fix the laser sight please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WUNDER8AR, Aug 23, 2013.

1. WUNDER8AR

Why is it that when I turn off my laser sight I still get a bonus to hipfire accuracy? It doesn't make sense in all honesty. I mean you implement stuff for the sake of immersion, such as debris killing players and screen shake, both of which annoys the heck out of us btw, and when it comes to an item that would be perfectly fine if it worked exactly like IRL you completely pass on the immersion aspect of it and instead make the game more easymode. It's not that other options in the same slot, such as the flash light for instance, are the hands down most popular choices so that the laser sight had to be given another edge over the others in order to make it useful or something^^. Fix please
    • Up x 4
  2. TheBlindFreak

I'd rather them work on more important things. Like optimization.
    • Up x 3
  3. WUNDER8AR

Sure me too. Never said otherwise did I?
  4. KenDelta

Fix? they're working as intended.
    • Up x 1
  5. WUNDER8AR

Says?

However, if true that it is working as intended my opinion remains the same. I will ofc create a new thread and I will ofc use the word 'change' instead of the word 'fix' to make sure you're more satisfied next time
  6. IamDH

Even if you turn it off enemies can still see it

i think
  7. Hoki

The lasers make no difference. Even dead characters have laser sights shining through 10 meters of walls.

And theres no reason to assume the laser isn't friendly since everyone uses them.
  8. DashRendar

Sure, nerf the only viable weapon attachment we have. Thanks TR.

-The NC
  9. Metallic123

Use your imagination.
  10. KenDelta

So... you want lasersight to be disabled when you press L? I... no comment.
  11. huller

ZE MAGIC OF NANITES!

How do the NC manage to interpret the change of a common pool attachment as an Empire specific nerf?

Realy, how?
    • Up x 2
  12. ironeddie

Who would equip laser sight then go ' I don't want the benefits this attachment affords me, I'm going to turn it off' why would you not equip a different attachment or use none in that instance. Or the devs should remove the option to turn the laser off. But really its an option for those who want the laser sight benefits but not the purely cosmetic look of the laser.
  13. TheRealMetalstorm

because said player is still reeling from the rotary balance pass taking away the vortek's clear cut superiority.
  14. Epic High Five

I want my laser sight to double as a light saber dagger and replace my melee when active
    • Up x 3
  15. Kodaa

It's fine.

I personally find the fact that you can even see the laser immersion-breaking, and extremely distracting. So, the ability to turn it off and still receive the hipfire bonus is great in my opinion, and I'm sure others feel the same.
  16. DashRendar

Because in this case the NC benefit most from said common pool item. Just like nobody on TR uses the Decimator/Annihilator, but nearly every NC Heavy does. It's a different game over here man.
  17. WUNDER8AR

You suffer from serious paranoia dude.
  18. Kodaa

So, wait... What? Wh....? Umm.
  19. Goretzu

Yeah it certainly used to be that way.
  20. Redshift

Most people turn it off since it gives away your position, the point is the benfit still exists even if you turn off the laser, which is wierd.