[BUG] Fix the Alpha Squad BOOST NOW!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cidroyz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Cidroyz

NOW!!!!!!!!!! tired of getting punished by supporting the game!!

let us buy 50% EXP BOOST without losing the alpha squad boost!!

HURRY Before the X2 EXP Event starts on December 21 to January 2.
  2. QuantumMechanic

As much as I agree with your point. It's not a bug. Boosts were designed to be one-use items, but nobody knew that when they were selling Alpha Squad... People just assumed the 10% XP mod was an account level stackable thing.
  3. Gunhazard

NNAAAOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I don't agree with the OP at all. I just find his entitlement amusing.
    • Up x 3
  4. Schpam

Pretty dumb to assume a player would want to lock into a 10% boost and never consider buying additional boosts again.

That's... not right.

SOE should really prioritize that getting fixed or some sort of solution... like it's account bound bonus and not an equipped booster at all.
  5. Garrix

It is something that should be fixed. It isn't entitlement, it's harming boost sales - someone who knows he can go back to his 6 month boost will be much more likely to buy shorter boosts every once and a while, like for this double experience event.
  6. BCKrogoth

Yea original argument! I haven't seen someone ask this before, and it absolutely needs another thread about it! Woo entitlement!
  7. Garrix

It's not entitlement, but it's fun to take words being thrown around by the media and pretend you're above everyone else.
  8. BCKrogoth

using the word "now" with that many exclamation points usually comes from someone who has been handed things their entire life and doesn't have any patience. See: someone who believes they are entitled to anything they whine about.

Also, you took the last 2 words of my argument, and threw out the rest. Only reading 10% of a sentence. I'll assume you agree with the other 90% and call it a win.

HURRY!

Edit: only occurred to me after posting, the relevancy of this:

9. Lucidius134

I'm pretty sure earlier on in beta (when I joined), Alpha Squad was still up and they had the whole implant/boosts system. Wasn't there 2 slots for boosts? This might just be a side effect of them removing Auraxium and the Implant system.
  10. AUSGrizzly

I had mine equipped...
    Didn't fully understand how Boosts work, thought that if you change a boost it the last gets paused and put aside...
    My Alpha Squad Boost lasted 20mins...
  11. St0mpy

I paid for it, im gonna use it, unless its fixed SOE are screwing themselves out of me not needing Station Cash for boosts for 5 months thats all.

More likely they will ignore everything and all threads about it and in 5 months time the problem will magically go away by itself. That is a crap way to deal with customers but what are we gonna do? cant force them to do anything about it can we.
  12. Mansen

1. Not a bug. Intended design.
    2. Fix is the wrong word here - it isn't an error. You're looking for the word "change" - it is a request, not a bug report.

Actually people were quite aware of this. Not only did the advertisement specifically mention that it was a BOOSTER IMPLANT - We had access to boosters long before Alpha Squad was advertised. And they worked just like now.
    http://planetside2stream.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/alpha-squad.jpg
    Changed*

Changed*
  13. St0mpy

whatever, result is the same

cant believe the SOE suits all hatched this plot to make people like me buy less boosts than they would have

"lets lulz these guys into a 10% booster so they wont buy any game boosters with SC"

doesnt make sense really, so, bad design, change, or fix, no matter, pedantry over a word wont change it, SOE is gonna quietly wait till this problem goes away anyway, souring early adopters a little in the process.
  14. QuantumMechanic

We had access to boosters in beta? I don't remember seeing any. The only way to get boosters is to buy them, and the item shop wasn't available in beta.

Matt Higby did say before or right after release that the Alpha Squad 10% XP thing was a booster, and thus behaved like a booster. But I don't know of anywhere where booster behavior was explained to players. The game itself sure didn't, and it still doesn't to this day.
  15. Mansen

16. Sifer2

In Beta there were two slots cause there was a passive xp boost slot. And a booster slot that gave thing like reduced timer on vehicles, or faster reload speed. The latter was cut out an those kind of benefits were added to the cert trees.

Anyway yes it's pretty lame how they handled things for Alpha Squad buyers. People asked them many times to clarify whether it would be an account wide boost or a booster item that took up your slot. And they didn't clarify until almost right before launch when many people had purchased Alpha Squad already. Not only do those early adopters feel ripped off but its hurting SOE financially as those are the types of people who would be most likely to buy xp boosters in the first place. On a weekend like this most of them would probably buy one but can't unless they want to permanently lose their AS boost. Just badly handled by SOE.
  17. Biytor

I have the Alpha squad boost and I'll be damned if I'm going to destroy it for a 7-day boost. Sad though, I would have spent money on the boost if I could keep my alpha and put it back in later.
  18. Niamar

Instead of an all caps demand, ... how about a sincere please and a Thanks in advance.
  19. St0mpy

politeness is always nice but it wont make the slightest bit of difference, some people here seem to think this forum is a telephone to the devs but im under no illusion that SOE will do nothing and just ride out the 5 months hoping the problem goes away.
  20. Niamar

In EQ as a young lvl 15/16/15... enchanter I once wrote a feed back request for a new spell, while sitting on a beach in north ro, the first expansion the spell was introduced, so yes they do listen.