FIX HELIOS OR MERGE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrex, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Terrex

This server has such a garbage population it needs to be addressed. From playing on this server for almost 11 days playing time there is only fighting on 3-4 different bases and a few smaller ones. We see maybe 15% of the total map and only about 50% of 1 continent. The population is never balanced, we are down by up to 20% to the VS. Now only is this starting to get irritating but we aren't seeing all of the games content or maps and it is very limiting. I've put time into all 3 west coast servers and this one really needs some help with this issue. Anyone that plays on this server for an amount of time will agree.
    • Up x 1
  2. Garmerr

Good luck finding a balanced server. Let me know when you do and I'll be off all of mine to join it. It'll be ruined in a month by the 4th faction anyway.
  3. Luft

I rarely see major imbalances on Mattherson.
  4. SenorBeef

Sad thing is.. Helios is either the most or second most (to Connery) populated US West server. Everything else is significantly less populous. See my sig thread.
  5. Terrex

If it is the second they are in definite need of some merging. The other two continents are wasting away not being used and I am sick of fighting a repeat over the same 3 bases.
  6. pnkdth

I find much of this is because of players just giving up when they lose. You can have the most epic battle and *poof* everyone just vanishes. I know it is kind of our thing, my main being Vanu, but I'm not so sure this is what they meant when making us the sneaky faction.
  7. Typhoeus

Sure glad I did my homework in chosing a sever before even starting to play. Mattherson is pretty good. Each faction seems to dominate for a while every now and then but you've got some very competitive big outfits on each so we always fight back. VS seem to do a bit better then TR and TR a bit better than NC but not by much, and rarely for very long if completely dominating. TR spy's report that VS and NC work together though to push back TR. That's kinda lame but we manage ^^
  8. Pinchy

Server mergers required already, dam the game must be turning away a lot of bored gamers just like me.
  9. mina5

I think it there is many servers because the launch of the game . They needed to have enough servers to all (game was on steam and all ). if there some reason weren't servers enough at launch ... lets say it that would be very bad . in other hand we have a lot almost empty servers and only one EU(Miller) server whit high population .And im not going to create new character after 30 € spend on woodman server .(happily woodman has medium amount of population most of the time , but i miss very high population times all ready .

PS. gun models need more variety .
  10. Phyr

That has more to do with having zero reason to fight a losing battle.
  11. medbot544

You have no idea what it's like to be massively out numbered do you? You know why we disappear? Cus getting rolled by 5x the number aint fun and I refuse to play against that. Seriously...at one point u Vanu had 20% more players. That is like what couple 100 player advantage?

Agree with OP. Need a merge, possibly with connery since I heard they are lackin Vanu. Maybe then we will have one WC server that is high and not med to low. Either merge or offer free xfers. If not people will just move on back to other games. I have what 1.6 m exp, all the certs with that, and 130 bucks invest....I am NOT REROLLING.
  12. FateJH

I joined Helios because it looked like the server had "low population" on the server selection list, and I find that people think it's the highest? That's disconcerting, at best. In any case, TR never seems to do anything except on Indar because NC and VS seem to always have the two other continents locked-out; I don't mean a "take stuff, lose stuff" mentality (damn Crown), I mean that TR never holds anything but its warpgate.
  13. anaverageguy

That is bull. TR often take Amerish and half the map on Indar. It's just that the Vanu are in general the most capable and populated faction on Helios, else it'd be the TR [not in terms of population*].
  14. Tenzin

They opened way too many servers at launch.

It was also inevitable that the release hype would die down. Personally I would have preferred constant 5 min queues to 1 or 2 full, action packed servers rather than empty servers.(and therefore empty continents, since each continent is it's own 2,000 player server)
  15. pnkdth

Oh, I know how it is to be outnumbered. I know how it feels to push through, break through, and finally push them back. I do not care about my K/D ratio, I care about winning. The zerg is predictable. Once they encounter any kind of firm resistance they tend to break. Granted sometimes the numbers are just too great but that's Planetside for you. You're not going to fight on even odds all the time, or even most of the time. Even delaying the enemy advance for 5 minutes might make all the difference in the world.

I get it though, it can be pretty damn frustrating. I'm just saying it is also pretty damn satisfying when you, against all the odds, push them back.
  16. Aktarus

Well its not only helios , alot of servers could be better with a few merge ...

i used to play on woodman as NC and miller as TR and those servers are great ,epic fights everywhere ,large scales battles, but now i want to reroll a vanu i've been forced to choose a medium server , so i tried cobalt and the server seems to be limited to small to medium scales fight and its like half of the server just camp the crown wich make the situation worst than it could be .

they really need to merge some servers or at least to make migration possible QUICK
  17. medbot544

NC even out number TR here most the time. What you are seeing is that all sides are actively pushing enmass and then moving to other continents. Simply checking map populations prove this. When VS takes over all of Esmir; they alway have like 50%+ pop while NC/TR have almost no one there. Once Vanu take it, they move to Amerish or Indar. TR and NC does the same, granted Esmir is really Vanu property generally. Only map TR actively stay on is Indar and this is why no ones actually capped it yet. I do thank the Vanu for not totally zergin that map, though; they know that letting us flip stuff not only gives them way more exp, but ensures TR don't abandon it all together. Or so I like to think....
  18. anaverageguy

I'm aware that the NC outnumber TR.. I'm part of the NC there. On the other hand, I've met the most skilled TR players I've ever fought on Helios, again, when NC outnumbered TR. Even with population advantages.. I don't want to name names, but a lot of the people using /orders get people to head to the Crown instead of doing something useful on Indar. I'm usually fighting over Tawrich against VS, but when I go against TR, it's rare that I see a solo players. By which I mean unorganized masses, which the NC generally appear to be.

Esamir NC players seem to do much better, as do the ones that play mostly on Amerish.
  19. Kitsune94

I play on helios every day and have no problem with it. I chose helios because it was low population. Lower population means less bogging down of the server which means a slightly better performance for everyone, especially in crowded areas.
  20. FateJH

I supose that might be true. Still doesn't stop me from signing on and the only continent where TR has any holdings and any chance of fighting back is Indar. Maybe it's the time of day? When do you normally play?

All I'm saying is I never see any reason to do anything on Amerish or Esamir when I play and TR still has the lowest populatuion on Indar, always a +2-3 bonus.