First impressions: new Carbines and the Lynx

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DashRendar, Apr 3, 2014.

1. hawken is better

The Lynx drops to 100 minimum damage to match the Serpent and the GD-7F. It is still out-dpsed by those two weapons until the extremity of its damage-dropoff range. It lost the .75 ADS move speed multiplier to accommodate this change while also having less damage-per-mag than its cross-faction equivalents. Pretty simple, really. If it had higher recoil or even worse dropoff, it would be an Armistice, aka an SMG and not competitive with its cross-faction equivalents.
  2. RDKillerITA

3. Takoita

Last I checked Cyclone didn't have nearly as strong kick as this thing does. Cool thine ****.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bankrotas

Cougar has a kick? Never felt it/
  5. Odin

Give him a break he's Tr, never felt nc weapon type recoil before.
    Alas if the new lynx goes live it may get nerfed quick it's a little too good at everything. I love it but I think it's a bit much.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jaedrik

I would rather they changed existing weapons than introducing new ones.
    AMC is a perfect candidate for Cougarage, I'm not sure about the other two factions, though.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bankrotas

Except some of us kinda like T5 AMC.
  8. Jaedrik

Except it's trash. CoF and recoil settle faster on Trac-5.
    Come at me, bro.
    • Up x 1
  9. foesjoe

The new TR carbine is kind of useless, in my opinion. It gets the 167 damage we've wanted since forever, but in exchange it has ridiculously ******** damage dropoff and low muzzle velocity. We wanted a viable mid to long range carbine, what we got was just yet another close quarters carbine.

Lower its ROF to 600, increase its muzzle velocity to 525, and reduce its damage dropoff by one tier. Also add a 2x reflex scope. Then that gun would actually fill a niche in the TR arsenal. As it stands, it's just more of what we already have in abundance.
    • Up x 4
  10. Bankrotas

11. DashRendar

I could get behind this.
  12. Jaedrik

You don't have to believe me, but I have it from a very reliable source (Den Kirson) that there is a variable that is not shown on the spreadsheet called "'Recoil Recovery Delay' equal (as far as I've seen) to the rate of fire.
    The weapon will not begin to recover until it is already capable of firing another shot.

That is to say the TRAC-5 has a Firetime of 0.08 AND a Recovery Delay of 0.08 seconds.
    The TR AMC has a 0.093 fire time and a 0.093 recovery delay, so that lower rate of fire is no benefit -- actually a detriment -- when it comes to accuracy."
    In short, I do not lie, as the data sheet is missing pertinent information.

Edit: Oh, derp, I realized that I also said CoF recovery rate. That I have no idea about, though, as the data sheet is still missing the "CoF recovery rate" data.
  13. Skooma Lord

To me the new N.C. carbine is too similar to the AF-19 Mercenary. We already have the GD-23 Razor that is just the merc with a faster reload and slower R.O.F. (Still good, I like it though.)
    I hope that they use new models like they did with the new sniper rifles! Really new...not recycled parts from another gun.
  14. Bankrotas

After reading about it. I'd say your source ain't reliable at all.
  15. WyrdHarper

Don't use HVA. It's been messing with CoF and Recovery for a few weeks.
  16. Cinnamon

Just tested the NC and VS carbines.

I believe that they are both supposed to be empire specific versions of the Jaguar in that they have a lower fire rate than some other alternatives but have the fast aim movement speed combined with good hip fire.

I don't know about hip fire since they potentially both lose to Jaguar and other options there but the aim down sights does not have the fatal flaw that Jaguar still has. Jaguar has terrible uncontrollable recoil that messes up most of your aim past a certain range while these new guns just have a larger cone of fire that can be easily managed. Possibly these guns are more like old Jaguar when it was actually a good weapon than current Jaguar although not really exactly as good. I think that people will learn to like them if they fill that sort of "goldilocks" niche.

If I was going to suggest any change I would say give VS the NC carbine and give NC an alternative to ACX11 with .75.
  17. JudgeNu

I am not able to access the new carbines on test.
    Just the placeholder.
    what am I doing wrong?
  18. Cinnamon

The NC and VS ones do not have models. Select it from the list and choose the irnv scope. The model you see will just be the last weapon you selected but weapon stats will apply. Night vision scope doesn't use the weapon model so will work.
  19. Xebov

I dont see any point in the new VS Carbine. Im not sure what hole it should fill. The weapon itself looks a bit like an allrounder, wich would be the range allready occupied by Solstice, Solstice Burst, Solstice SF and NS11-C, yet it doesnt have access to any Ammos, but to Advanced Laser and Advancxed Forward grip. From the description its meant to be good for Hipfire and ADS, but Hipfiring is allready occupied by the Serpent and VX6-7 wich are better in that area and ADS is occupied by Pulsar C wich has access to Ammo, more Velocity and better Scope options.

I dont see any use for this weapon, since everything it can do can allready be done by other weapons. I had hopes that we would see another range carbine since there is only 1 range carbine available. I dont think that we will see alot of players using this weapons since most will be better off with the weapon they currently using.
  20. Goretzu

Lynx and Cougar seem nice.

VS and NC ones just seem ok.