First Concept Art for Valkyrie (pre-alpha)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Mar 31, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

• Up x 1
  2. ABATTLEDONKEY

when, where, how?

source and context please
  3. G.O.A.T

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Too much like halo.
  4. TheBloodEagle

Yeah, that's probably why they changed it. They were most likely trying to make something that would make sure the design was more easily connected to the Planetside brand.
  5. WyrdHarper

Even if I'm not the biggest fan of its aesthetics (personal preference--the model is fine), I do like the internal consistency it has with the liberator. Definitely looks like they came from the same manufacturer.
    • Up x 1
  6. Crayv

The current one looks like a NS vehicle to me: bulky like an NC and has curves like a TR.
  7. ABATTLEDONKEY

Correct me if im wrong, but they did. Both the valk, and the liberator are NS vehicles.
  8. TheBloodEagle

Yeah, that was his point. The look is consistent with the manufacturer. :)
    Plus, lore wise, I think everything we see is made by NS. Nothing really points out to other companies making anything.
  9. AzureKnight

You sure that's the Valkyrie? says it's called a LT-0B "Helix".

Looks like an different vehicle entirely and with its description, sounds like a different one. If anything, considering it's comparing itself to a Mossy, I wonder if perhaps his is an initial idea for an ES version of the Valkyrie. The Valkyrie will be NS. And if I assume this is a ES version of the Valkyrie, the Valkyrie class of vehicle looks like it's gonna be focused on light A2G, a bomber/support type vehicle probably sacrificing A2A weapons save rumble seats. I'll hope at most its built in A2G weaponry is only 75% of the Lib weapons...

And... Oh god... looking further at the details... that needs to happen with all vehicles. Depending on what the driver rolls, your passengers get benefits?! :eek: :eek: And it doesn't seem like it has to be certed either?! I want!:eek::eek:

You throw this in with ES buggies which if they're open windowed could allow for some amazing things.
  10. TheBloodEagle

You got it skewed, mate. This is pre-alpha design idea from 2012. You can click through the gallery I linked to see all the other early designs, for example the Prowler design didn't go through. I'm just showing what the very early designer thought aircraft would look like. That's all. Things obviously change, like the name. Again, this is 2012 stuff. But I definitely agree with your excitement. Man, I WISH, Planetside 2 would have been that serious & feature rich. Everything feels so arcade-ish and dumbed down.

Early Prowler (posted on the forums a lot as well):
    [IMG]

Early Terran Republic:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  11. AzureKnight

Well, I guess I chose to ignore that part despite reading it 5 times :p

Still though, I'd find it odd to have a need/desire to change the name. helix sounds kind of cool and if it had more maneuverability than a mossy, it would make sense. I'm still gonna hope that maybe they do eventually implement it as an ES version of the Valkyrie.

And I REALLY hope they do that pilot w/ benefits (bom chicka wow wow) thing. Though, I just realized the little grey text that said "fan concept art" so my hopes are mildly dashed, but I still have them!!!
  12. TheBloodEagle

Totally agree man, there's so much potential! Don't be dashed though, those designs were commissioned by SOE. They just chose to ignore all the cool stuff.
  13. vincent-

These are god damn awesome looking why in gods name did they change these!
    • Up x 5
  14. ChillyPhilly27

I don't know whether its just me, but I think the Valkyrie should have room for 6. Whether they do it so that 2 have rumble seats and two are inside, or all have rumble seats, I don't care. But I just think that a vehicle that only carries 2 passengers won't be able to used effectively by squads or fire teams.

Also, I reckon that the gun should be the same slot as the top of MBT's/harassers. How great would it be to be able to spam M12 360 degrees.

I think that the current concept is slightly flawed.
    • Up x 2
  15. NovaAustralis

This is just another case of Planetside Next vs. Planetside 2 ... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  16. TheBloodEagle

Only issue then is that almost no one would use the Galaxy for transport. Very rarely do you ever see 12/12. With a 6 passenger Valkyrie why would anyone really ride in a Galaxy other than some hardcore outfit max crashing.
    • Up x 1
  17. Fangry

Can spawn on Galaxy and since Valkyrie is a light vehicle, limit or no maxes?
  18. gregfox89

Honestly... the current version looks like a flying rock :eek:
    I just think it needs bigger wings or something, I don't know.
  19. Niller

Performance? That prowler looks a bit like a vanguard, and wouldn't be so good looking in game.
  20. FocusLight

Obviously this is why they changed it; the current Prowler model looks WAY BETTER than this could ever hope to be.

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 3