Firce Lag

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dead Trolls, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Dead Trolls

system specs.
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/17/11 20:30:33 Ver: 04.06.04
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8172MB RAM
    Page File: 3172MB used, 6214MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

thats out of the way,
    im getting Horrific lag spikes on planetside 2 on any server, it starts out smoothly but at the moment the action flairs up there's massive amounts of warping around from all sides. I have tryed changeing my codex for team speak, Turning off any voip (TS\Vent) and still the same result . also i reset my router and cable modem, i have called my isp and the service is fine, finally ive tested other games such as bf3 bf2142 eveonline all the games run flawlessly with my ping at a manageable 48-189 , but the momment ps2 is on its over 1000-2k wich i know its a problem on your side so...... is there a fix happening or wut?
    • Up x 1
  2. TheAppl3

Not sure how you've come to the instant conclusion that it's on their end. I for example don't have this issue, thus it is not necessarily on their end. It's entirely likely that a node between you and the server is providing you with your atrocious latency.
  3. TSR AlexS Customer Service

What you will need to do is submit in a support ticket so we can help troubleshoot your latency issue. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag/Msinfo information to expedite the process. The Appl3, thank you for your assistance!
  4. CzechErface

I have the same issue on Mattherson but I have not tried on any other servers. It'll work just fine for a while and then vehicles and players will start teleporting to random places. There's people running through the air and cars warping through mountains.
  5. patricio_z

its on SOE´s end, you can check it yourself with this tool http://www.visualroute.com/ its free, in my case I'm fine with 175 ping ( I'm in Argentina) and 0% packet loss until the connection hits the first of sony´s router/gateway whatever in Washington DC, it goes from 175 to 265 and 25-40% packet loss at times...this is new for me, pre GU11 I did not have any issues with lag