FFS SOE, Sort out the game crashes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CaNsA, Mar 4, 2013.

1. CaNsA

Yet again it freezes at a critical moment and screws me over.
    Why anyone would pay for premium perks, and how you get away with it, is beyond me.
    I am astounded how this got through your quality testing, if tested at all.
    Every bloody times its the same....
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

Surely you have enough bug reports and crash data to sort this out.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hosp

Some things to try while you wait:

- Turn off your voice overlays. Dunno why, some of my outfit member's systems are allergic to them when mixed with PS2. Even if you're not seeing it, it may be enabled, so make sure you turn it off.
    - I don't know if you have Nvidia or ATI, but either way in Nvidia control panel, try switching PhysX set ot CPU/GPU see if that helps.
    - Delete useroptions.ini and verify game files.
    - Update Sound Drivers and/or Try older/newer video drivers.
    - Try updating chipset drivers. (Dunno if it's supposed to have any effect, but worth a shot).
    - If XFire/SLI try running one.
    - Make sure a stick of RAM isn't crapping out. RAM going bad does funny things.
    - If OCing, is anything overheating...Is anything overheating anyway?
    - Clean out your computer case of dust and re-tighten all your connections. Everything is supposed to snap into something, but stuff gets loose. Good to clean out every couple months or so anyway. (I'm OCD about dust in my comp).
    - Are you Torrenting/DLing anything while you play? I occasionally am and forget I am and crash because of it. And always remember, free **** isn't.

Finally, are you crashing when there are alot of explosions and/or screen shaking around? That's pretty common and it's getting better with time. If that is the case nothing you can do about it but wait.
    • Up x 1
  3. CaNsA

Tried all those things with no joy.
    Weirdly enough its fine in high population battles.

Last crash was running into Ti Alloys in a MAX, prolly about 20 people there, and BOOM.
    Game freezes, cant do anything.
    I was only ingame for about 20mins.

I was raging when I posted the thread because I was going to "Save The Day" and SOE prevented me from being awesome n stuff. ;)
  4. Dkamanus

I'm having the same problem. Though mine started 3 weeks ago. I can't even get in the game of the amount of crashes I'm getting, barely being able of 5 minutes of sustained gameplay. I formatted my PC, I'm now using a newly installed standalone game without the steam cluttering it AND STILL I'M CRASHING IN LESS THEN 5 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY!

This has definetely shown me SOE barely knows what it is doing. This is a server issue probably, cause it can't be my PC anymore (as I have suspected before). Fix you ****, for I really am not hoping to spend a dime on this game anymore thanks to such a stupid thing as NOT to be able to log in and play stable for more then 5 minutes, while I have played for HOURS long weeks ago.
  5. Whiskey Victor

It would be more productive for you to list your relevant hardware and software details. You can clearly see that they are getting way down into the weeds of diagnosing these issues by, for example, their posts on particular home routers with specific firmware issues.

If the issues were from their code in general, we'd all be having the issues you are. We all do not. I seem to get a graphics freeze about once every other day at most. (i7 3770k, Nvidia 660, Realtek audio).
  6. CaNsA

As requested :D

i7 930 D0 @ Stock
    12Gb RAM
    GTX 560 Ti TwinFrozr 2 (313.96)
    Realtek Audio
  7. werzinator

Yup. I usually get one crash, maybe after one or two weeks of playing off and on each day.