Feelings about allied Scout Radar ground pounders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talthos, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Talthos

As an example, I've been leveling my TR alt, and to make locating my prey enemy infantry easier, I roll with Scout Radar when I pull a Banshee + Coyote Mosquito. And even after a base is taken/defended, I make a point of performing some half speed 'scan' flyovers, to make sure we find and destroy every last pesky cloaker straggler.

What about the rest of you? Is it appreciated when a ground pounder sacrifices Fire Suppression (and thus, total survivability) in order to better catch all of the enemies?
  2. adamts01

I run scout radar whenever enemy air permits. But.... Wrel ****** it up with the Banshee nerf. Now you're stuck running those ****ter Coyotes. They can stick a fork in this game. PSA is the future of Planetside.
  3. Campagne

It's always appreciated when someone provides some radar coverage!
    • Up x 2
  4. Talthos

That's heresy.

Glad to hear that Scout Radar does not go entirely unnoticed, or unappreciated.
  5. Vanguard540

"I run scout radar whenever enemy air permits. But.... Wrel ****** it up with the Banshee nerf. Now you're stuck running those ****ter Coyotes."

LMAO, because how do you think VS does with PPA? Poor soft TR x)))
  6. Talthos

To be fair, I love both of those anti-ground noseguns.
  7. adamts01

I fly all 3 factions, and the PPA is the worst of the lot, hands down. I say fix the PPA, and if they had to nerf the Banshee, nerf its splash diameter and leave direct damage alone. Infantry would sure be happy, and it would actually take some aiming to use it.
  8. Vanguard540

I'd still trade your "nerfed" banshee for my PPA anyday. air-air with PPA is a meme.
  9. adamts01

It just comes down tuo weapon philosophy. They really went hard towards rock-paper-scissorrs with CAI. AI guns are worthless against all but infantry, AA guns are worthless againstv all but air, anti-armor guns are worthless against all but vehicles... I'd rather give infantry a break and nerf AI nose guns against them, in exchange for better A2A ability. I think the pre-nerf Banshee was justg about perfect in its dogfighting ability. But now we all have to use Coyotes.... It's a damn shame. I really didn't think they could make air any worse, but they managed to.
    • Up x 1
  10. Vanguard540

That's what I'm trying to say, everybody else has already been using coyotes for a while even before the banshee nerf. Being able to have pre nerf banshee + fuel tanks was clearly a free upper hand statswise.
  11. Armcross

Your all welcome