[Feedback] New AV-Turret (Engineer)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaoschan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Kaoschan

Just a quick rundown for the new AV-Turret:

Positive:
    *Massive damage (you can kill sunderer in 4 fronthits
    *More AV Options for Engineer

Negative:
    * No Zoom mode of any kind (combined with the gridlike aiming "snapping" it's a PITA to aim at anything which is not within 100m
    * Slow projectile (can be easily evaded from anything)

Neutral:
    *reload speed is acceptable due to extrem high damage

Conculsion:
    The AV Turret is a special kind of "AV" ... it can only be used against enemies vehicle at close proximity <100m or stationary units (turrets, deployed sunderer) if you can get the gridlike-snapping of the aim to work. Combined with the delay for placeing it (i.e. construction) and then useing it. The Turret is not meant for "quick response" actions. It's more suited for a undeteced sneakattack (but it will loose its effect pretty much instantly)

No Zoom-mode make shooting at enemies from further away hard and the slow projectile make the AV Turret prone from behind attacked by "outranging" it.
    A Tank can easily avoid the slow rocket by driveing a bit, but an easily snipe the AV Turret away.

My opinion? 1k certs or 700sc for this thing .. sry way overpriced for the ability to attack Vehicles from close proximity at the danger of getting killed VERY VERY fast.
    It's easier for me to drop C4/Mines infront of a vehicle and kill it faster than using the AV turret.

Possible Changes:
    More Certidications
    Zoom mode (1.25, 1.5, 2, etc..)
    Faster projectile (perhaps +5-10% incrases with a maximum of 5 levels)

Please add your feedback

EDIT: Ok need to test it again .. if it is really a laser guied missile than discard anythign i wrote here (except the gridlike-snapping of the aim cursor)
  2. TotalNoob

RIP the sundie. Three per major objective max and 10 minute spawn timer, againt instagib eng army?? I see this as pretty game breaking to any assault on pretty much everything.
  3. Hodo

You're an Engineer, not a heavy assault, MAX, or even a tank. You want to out range a tank, get a tank or better yet, a Liberator or ESF with rocketpods. Use the AV turret as a point defence turret, as I am sure it is intended.
  4. Kaoschan

Ok the turret itself is a guided missile .. it's so awesome only zoom mode would be nice to counter the gridlike-snapping