Feedback: Here's how I would suggest changing the new Infiltrator rifles.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Leadwrecker, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Leadwrecker

NC Empire Specific Rifle:
    • Rename from l33t MLG "precision pro" to Light Rail Rifle
    • Decrease damage and/or pellet number on shotgun mode; decrease rechamber time to Jackhammer levels. 3-shot kill to body. Turns it into a viable close range defense mode, eliminates ability to instagib, and makes you pay the real drawback of increased ammo consumption per kill.
    • Fix the shotgun mode so it doesn't do extra damage to vehicles.
    • POSSIBLY give the main fire the light vehicle damage category (increased effectiveness against flashes and harassers)
    • Scale down size of 3rd person model by about 10-20%. The thing is stupid huge ATM and the grip doesn't fit the infiltrator's hand.
    Vanu Empire Specific Rifle
    • Firing a charged shot should do 1/2 the weapon's heat bar, not ALL of it!
    • Charged shots can be held, but will cause gradual heat buildup over time when doing so.
    • Keep the heat mechanics, but give the weapon a non-infinite ammo pool. That way its other characteristics don't have to be so gimped.
    TR Empire Specific Rifle
    • Rename from Admiral Ackbar "It's a TRAP!" to something else. ( SCIMTR? )
    • Muzzle velocity increase to 600 m/s
    • Burst fire is the default fire setting, full auto is the alt-fire.
    • DE-RANDOMIZE THE RECOIL. Balance with very high full-auto COF bloom.
    • Low first-shot recoil multiplier in burst-mode only.
    Nanite Systems Sniper Rifle:
    • Chop the barrel down short and make its current model the model for the NS-15M. (The base model for this new sniper rifle looks far more like an LMG than a rifle, and the NS-15M just looks like a rifle with a big mag.)
    • Take the current NS-15M model and lengthen the barrel, then use that for the sniper rifle model.
    • Lower the damage tier. NS weapons tend to be lower damage, and as it stands, with the better cone of fire reset, it's straight up better than the empire specific semi-autos.
    • Sniper rifles do not need to be 0.75 ADS!
    • Up x 1
  2. Master

I like the idea of the "gradual heat build-up" with the charged shot held. I dont like how it autofires. Seems I'd have to cloak or quickly switch weapons to stop it so I dont give up my position.
    • Up x 1
  3. Leadwrecker

It also makes the timing needed to succesfully charge, scope, aim, steady breath, and get off a shot absurdly fiddly and unforgiving.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ayre

I think the NC rifle is in an interesting position in that it can fire pump-action style but not particularly well. PA shotguns aren't even all that good and the NC rifle is an even worse one which could be really interesting as a sniper/shotgun combo. I agree with making it do light vehicle damage, it would give it a cool niche.

The VS one has too long of an overheat duration. If the duration was reduced but one charged shot still overheated it that would work alright. I think being able to hold a charge would make the gun a viable choice. It will also really depend on what attachments are available. Being able to take close range optics will make this gun fun as hell but not particularly optimized at anything.

I agree completely with making the recoil on the TR rifle predictable. Real life dual-shot burst rifles work by firing both rounds before recoil can affect aiming, like the AN-94. Right now the gun is just sitting in a really weird position and will probably be shelved by good players.
    • Up x 2
  5. Rahk

If they made the VS rifle so that you could hold the charge with gradual heat buildup, I would say it would be fine as is and be a pretty awesome weapon. I think by having the infinite ammo is fine and balanced by the extremely long cooldown.

However that being said as of right now, if it stays where the weapon autofires when it reaches full charge, I won't buy it. The flexibility of having the semi-auto / BASR in one does is not worth having lost shot control on a target. The charge up time for a BA with the 10 second cooldown is enough to make headshots a risk to shoot as is. Having it autofire with a 10 second cooldown for the next shot makes it a liability because there is nothing you can do to stop your shot after you start charging.
    • Up x 1
  6. Leadwrecker

EDIT: A fellow on Reddit came up with the excellent suggestion of "T-13 Scimitar" rather than SCIMTR for the TR rifle. I quite like his suggestion.
  7. Leadwrecker

The "Heavy Anti-Material Rail Rifle" (HAMRR) was also suggested as an alternate name for the NC weapon.