[Feedback] Harasser

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Shadowomega, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Shadowomega

At the moment the Harasser seems to be a bit floaty as it bounces and wants to flip on every small bump on the road. This could use a slight tightening up but hopefully it can keep its massive jumping ability when it hits a sharp incline which allows it to go airborne (Turbo Boost style anyone). As for its acceleration it seems get up to its top speed of 90/95 KPH with out racer frame quite well, combined that with the nitro system the buggy is likely the quickest and most agile ground vehicle around. That being said having access to empire specific Anti Tank weapons on top might end up over powering the buggy so weapons like the Saron HRB, Enforcer missile launcher, and Gatteling guns might be to much. Gattling gun more so due to being able to take a tank down in just a couple seconds compared to the other AT weapons. Other wise this buggy seems well rounded and nearly read to go.

A small note on the model itself the running rail/side step oddly connects to the Driver and Passenger side doors. Maybe shorten it so its behind the door or shrink it and move it down below the door.

As for cosmetic attachments.

- Brush bar/Bumper Guard (The flash could use one as well)
    - Under belly light
    - Lumafiber lighting
    - LED Hood light (K.I.T.T Style)
    - Spiky Front bumper (road warrior style/Death Race Style)
    - Cow Catcher bumper (road warrior style)
    - Just about every tire the Flash can have
    - Junk Armor Plating (Road Warrior Style)
    - Dixie Horn
    - Pure Orange Camo (Duke of Hazard Camo)
    - Glossy or Metallic Jet Black Camo with Faction trimming (Gold Trim NC) (Bright Red Trim TR) (Teal Trim VS) (Knight Rider Camo)

- Rusty Faction camo (Road Warrior Camo)

- 88 Decal
    - 01 Decal
    - 38 Decal
  2. Chiggerbite

I concur. As cool as it is running around with the MBT secondary weapons on a vehicle with Flash speed, it felt too powerful. Graphically, the Saron and PPA look weird on the buggy. The weapons look like they're going to tip the vehicle over because of their size.

Personally, I'd rather they hold off on giving these weapons to the common pool buggy and make them options to the empire specific buggies when they release.... unless the developers have something better planned. If anything, I'd say pull the empire specific MBT secondary weapons from the arsenal, but leave the Halberd. Graphically, the Halberd looks good and I don't think it would necessarily be as overpowering as the other MBT secondaries.
    • Up x 2
  3. Fafnir

I don't mind if a powerful weapon is mounted on a driving coffin. If you have Vulcan or any other ES weapon, you will need a burster MAX to protect you from lolpodders. 3 players needed to cooperate is enough to justify high firepower (much less than MBTs anyway).
  4. Armchair

Three? You're counting the rumble seat for balancing a vulcan-tier weapon on a high speed platform?

The vulcan is in a tier of its own when it comes to close range combat. The only thing balancing it is that MBTs, even the prowler, have some difficulty entering that range. Putting the MBT AV weapons on the Harasser is a tremendous mistake.
    • Up x 2
  5. Fafnir

Yeah, sure driving a 2/3 Harraser is an amazing idea, especially when you can get blown up by lolpodders nearly instantly. Vulcan can aim only about 45 degree upwards, so it's not a very good AA gun. Not to mention you have to get close to a tank to destroy it.

You should rather complain about the lack of NC Vulcan equivalent or, you know - learn to enjoy asymmetrical balance? You have Hacksaw MAXes, we will have Vulcan Harraser. We aren't getting an instagib MAX anytime soon, but I'm not complaining about it.

We didn't even have the chance to test Harraser properly, but no, we must NERF!
  6. WalrusJones

My issue is that, as long as it is as expensive as a lightning, and three man crewed... (Two man crewed if you don't want point defense from aircraft, or infantry.)
    It probably won't prove to be overpowered.

In fact, comparing it to how I would use a lightning...... Taking a second man to access that utility might be overpricing it for a tank pads only vehicle, especially with the sunderer/flash style weapons and upgrades that are available to it.
  7. iccle

The suspension is definitely too soft and needs tightening a little before it goes live, trying to gun from it while moving is very difficult due to the vehicle bouncing around so much over every little bump.
  8. pucwyczes

I wish I could have Dixie Horn on my flash.
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

MBT AT weapons will definitely be very strong on this.
    The Halberd is ok, but otherwise I'd prefer Sunderer-Armament.
    Fury, Bulldog, Basilisk, Kobalt, Walker, Ranger. Seems like decent loadouts to me.
    • Up x 1
  10. Blitzkrieg

Have to agree about the MBT AT weapons on this. It's absolutely ridiculous.

It's a small NS buggy, and it should stick to NS equipment and buggy style weapons. If it gets an AT weapon the Halberd is just about acceptable, apart from that it should pretty much be machine guns and the Fury.
    • Up x 2
  11. Flukeman62

but it requires 2 people to make use of these weapons
  12. Blitzkrieg

But it doesn't mean they should roll around with Sarons and Vulcans does it. I fly around with a 2 man crew in a Liberator, doesn't mean my Harasser should be equipped with a Dalton/Zephyr on the roof.

Equipping harassers with such powerful equipment isn't wise at this stage. As stated before it is an NS buggy and shouldn't be getting faction specific equipment.
    • Up x 1
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I could see those tank specific weapons if they were fixed forward with a limited Arc.
    But... yeh, not gonna happen.
    I suppose in the future TR will get a 4 men buggy and VS a 2 man Hover?
    • Up x 1
  14. OldMaster80

The truth imho is that we cannot talk about Harasser balancement as long as we don't engage a massive fight with these vehicles. I want a huge battles with tanks and ESF on the test server, before to judge if it's going to work or not.
    Now when I connect to the test server population is too low to have a good idea of the balancement.
  15. CptFirelord

If you get the Harasser to 120+ it starts wanting to take off and fly.
  16. cc2001

I'd like to see the buggy not have weaker rear armor like it does currently. These should be skirmishing vehicles which are darting in, out, and around enemy vehicle columns/blobs. I think a weak rear diminishes that role.
    • Up x 3
  17. SnuggX

looks like that buggy is still very buggy ?

i tried to load it up on the test server...and i crashed everytime i wanne load it up :(
  18. AnonymousPZ

yep it was fun when it worked and now its broken again:eek:
  19. Tommyp2006

IMO the price of the buggy in resources should be halfway between a flash and a lightning, since that's where it's role falls. I still think this will become one of my favorite vehicles in the game.
  20. Chiggerbite

I have mixed feeling on this. I don't think the cost should be low enough where people use it as expendable transportation (like the Flash). At the same time, the buggy is more of a utility/multipurpose vehicle compared to the Lightning, but more fragile than the Lightning at the same time ... with the same length acquisition timer.

I'll have to play with it in some more 'real' situations/battles to get a better feel for it's life expectancy compared to a Lightning. If it's life expectancy is the same as a Lightning, I wouldn't really have a problem with the resource cost. However, if the life expectancy is lower, I'd rather see the resource cost drop to 100-150... contingent on whether the life expectancy is closer to a Flash or a Lightning.