[Feedback] Corsair Boat - Apr. 28, 2023 - PTS Oshur Update

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Amador, May 8, 2023.

1. Amador

With the Dev's working on Oshur, this is the most appropriate time to bring up outstanding and unresolved issues with the Corsair which is also being subsequently worked on at this time. Adjustments are specified below.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ADVANCED SPECIALIZATION PROGRAM (A.S.P.):
    • Corsair A.S.P. -
      Add the Corsair as part of the "Ground Transport Discount" category for a 20% reduction in nanite cost.

WEAPONS (Front and Rear):
    1. Replace Dingo ML-6 with the Hyena Missile Launcher anti-aircraft turret (or weapon template/stats).
    2. Add G20 Vulcan (TR), M96 Mjolnir (NC) and Aphelion VEX-4 (VS) empire specific anti-vehicle turrets.
    3. Add P525 Marauder (TR), C85 Canister (NC) and Proton II PPA (VS) empire specific anti-infantry turrets.
    4. Add M40 Fury Grenade Launcher anti-infantry turret.
    5. Add M12 Kobalt Machine Gun anti-infantry turret.
    (NOTE: The above weapons have been listed in order of importance, with the first being most important.)

PERFORMANCE:
    • Improved Speed Chassis -
      Increase the Speed Chassis top speed from 115 KPH to 125 KPH. (Default speed is 105 KPH.)
    (NOTE: The Speed Chassis is very underwhelming with a cost of 500 certs and offers a barely noticable 10 KPH speed increase. Most vehicles with Speed Chassis will benefit from a minimum 20 KPH speed increase in comparison. The Speed Chassis hardly creeps by another Corsair operating at default speed. This must be resolved.)

UTILITY:
    • Improved Submerge -
      Increase the Corsair's rate of descent/dive, or by reducing/removing the speed restriction while Submerged under water.
    (NOTE: The Submerge Utility is regarded as a bottom-tier feature with limited practical use. This is due to the Corsair having its speed reduced heavily while under water. Also, the Corsair often recieves enemy fire even while Submerged as the average/median depth is generally too shallow.)

SQUAD VEHICLE RESPAWN:
    • Remove "Out of Bounds" Squad Spawn Restriction -
      Allow squad members to spawn within vehicles at all times, regardless if "out of bounds". This spawn restriction should be removed from all vehicles in-game, especially for the Corsair within the open waters of Oshur.
    (NOTE: A common issue encountered is that Squad Members are simply unable to spawn upon the Corsair most of the time due to being "out of bounds". For example, these "out of bounds" areas are the "deadzones" adjacent to the Tridents. This game restriction has been observed to regularly confuse most players as it prevents them from selecting or spawning on squad vehicles in these areas, thus negatively impacting the use of transport vehicles. This unnecessary restriction must be removed from the game.)

BUGS:
    1. Corsair Decal Bug -
      Decals are correctly displayed on the Vehicle Customization screen, however the selected decal does not appear on the Corsair after actually spawning the vehicle. It is unknown if this is related to low or medium graphics settings. This must be resolved.

2. Corsair Dingo ML-6 Anti-Aircraft Turret Animation Bug -
      The vertical axis of the turret base is not attached to the turret weapon. This bug is most observable while pitching the turret upwards at the maximum angle and then disembarking the vehicle to visually inspect the turret as an infantryman. This must be resolved.

This should address most of the major concerns that presently come to mind at this time.
  2. 23rd enigma

I have a better suggestion, since the aphelion will have a distance advantage on the boats long range combat compared to mjolnir and vulcan. How about we add the pre patch Galaxy /lib ship M60 Bulldog. that version of the bulldog has more velocity and reach and almost acts like a cannon. It would be perfect in my opinion.
  3. Amador

I disagree.

If the Dev's were to grant the Corsair access to such empire specific vehicle weapons, then I anticipate them to utilize the weapon templates cloned from the "lesser" Harasser variants. Do remember that the Harasser variants of these weapons are statistically inferior to those mounted as secondary weapons for MBT's despite having a nearly identical appearance.

In example, the Aphelion VEX-4H (Harasser) performs statistically inferior compared to the Aphelion VEX-4 (Magrider MBT). Just how the G20 Vulcan-H (Harasser) performs statistically inferior to the G30 Vulcan (Prowler MBT).

I feel it is reasonably fair and suitable for the Corsair to have access to the "lesser" empire specific Harasser weapon variants.
    I agree, and I think your recommendation is exceptional and reasonable - I honestly wish I had thought of that myself beforehand.

After using the M60 Bulldog on the Corsair, I can personally say that it is extremely difficult to find a practical use for it. Due to the high-trajectory and low-velocity, it is very difficult to find targets that fit within the operational scope of the Corsair. This is because the Corsair unfortunately received a "Ground Bulldog" intended for most ground vehicles, which just doesn't work well on the water.

I strongly feel that the "Ground Bulldog" for the Corsair should have improved range that is skewed towards the performance of the "Air Bulldog" on the Galaxy and Liberator. However, I would gladly settle for a compromise between both "Ground Bulldog" and "Air Bulldog" specifically for the Corsair with balance and fairness in mind.

I think this is a great idea.
  4. 23rd enigma

Only reason I say this is because the aphelion has the special "wave" projectile attack that has way more range than the other 2 turrets. It would be the best of the three by a good margin on the boat.
  5. Amador

To elaborate further upon the current topic, I do have some additional noteworthy concerns regarding the Dev's future intentions regarding the Corsair to deploy on land and presumably act as a spawn point.

... I am very concerned that once the Dev's make the Corsair a faction-wide spawn point then this will permanently damage the scope of operation away from being a crewed attack vehicle, towards a more stationary support vehicle like a Sunderer.

The Corsair should remain a flexible hybrid attack boat with more utility choices and offensive weaponry. Corsairs are meant to be properly crewed and to be mobile offensive skirmishers.

If the Corsair becomes a boring weapon-restricted waterborne Sunderer where you just "beach, deploy and leave", then this will be contrary to its ideal purpose.