Favourite weapon for every class.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Mar 6, 2014.

1. CptFirelord

TR:
    Heavy: TMG
    LA / Engi: T5 AMC
    Infil: Longrange Rams, CQC SOAS/NS7-PDW
    Medic: T1 Cycler
  2. Koldorn

Glorious VX6-7 master race.

Light: Pandora - Only ever use this class when I want one specific thing dead.

Infil: Parallax - I don't snipe, but when I do; I want that target unlucky enough for me to hit, to be dead.

Medic: Default Pulsar - Is just a comfortable gun that works at any range. Just love it, and the reload is lightning fast.

Engi: Been playing with the Solstice SF, as an actual gun. :eek: It's an 11C that trades the ADS move speed for tangible bullet speed. And honestly after an enloudener (compensator) grip and softpoint; there is quite literally almost zero recoil. It shines on Amerish, where encounters can be pushed a little further. All else? There is the VX6-7.

Heavy: Nemesis. Only reason I ever pull this class is because it's the only air-deterrent that doesn't have a resource cost. I know pilots will complain about the no cost vs their cost vehicle; but the day when a single AA unit can _kill_ a vehicle rather then just shoo it away; then we can talk. (Talk drastically reduced costs, realm of 50+10 per thing added to the craft (including sights and ammo upgrades) Base pull timer cut to ~5:00)

NC wise, I love the Razor. It's the only carbine that actually feels like a GUN, because the bullets travel at a decent pace rather then as if the air was made of a thick frozen molasses. Engi4Lyf
    • Up x 1
  3. MaCritz

Infiltrator : Artemis (NS30 Vandal might be my next favourite though)
    LA : Soltice VE3
    Engineer : Pulsar C
    Combat Medic : No favourites actually, but H-V45 if I have to choose one (but the Corvus is also a pretty decent gun)
    HA : Pulsar LSW
  4. Hosp

TR: Trac-5 + Carv
    VS: Orion

Main NC:
    HA - Anchor + Gauss Saw
    LA - Mercenary + Mauler
    Medic - Gauss Rifle or Gauss Burst
    Eng - Currently Merc, need to experiment more w/ Launchers.
    Infil - Blitz + Longshot
    MAX - Varies
  5. TeknoBug

Medic: Reaper DMR
    Engineer: either NS-11C (as TR) or Pulsar C
    Heavy: Jackhammer or SVA-88
    Light: GD-23 or Serpant
    Infil: Artemis
    MAX: dual Comet
  6. Pikachu

Infiltrator: SAS-R
    Light assault: GD-7F if AC-X11 had a good firing sound then that one might be most fun.
    Combat medic: I want to like DMR best but I think NC1 was the most fun to use.
    Engineer: Same as LA.
    Heavy assault: Not sure since it was a long time ago since I used a fun weapon now after purpling the EM1. I guess jackhammer. I was before the triple shot change, if that matters.
    MAX: Old hacksaws or falcons were most fun. Now days it's mattocks.

ESF: Banshee, fuel tanks
    Liberator: Tankbuster, Shredder, Bulldog
    Flash: Fury
    Harasser: Marauder, at least old version.
    Lightning: Viper or python AP. The former I don't use since purpled.
    MBT: HEAT, kobalt.
    Galaxy: Bulldog
  7. GrandpaFlipfox

Heavy assault - Gauss SAW and Jackhammer
    Medic - Reaper DMR
    Engineer - ACX11 and AI Mana turret
    Light Assault - Cyclone
    Infiltrator - Sensor darts
    Max - Dual Falcons W/ Aegis

ESF - Air Hammer

And yes I'm taking all faction weapons into account.
  8. Tar

NS-11A
  9. Latrodectus

Heavy: MSW-R
    Medic: Cycler TRV
    Light Assault: Nighthawk
    Engineer: Jaguar
    Infiltrator: RAMS.50
  10. NC_agent00kevin

ACX11 is a good gun. Im one of the few that like it, but I do tend to go with the GD7F in CqC simply because it is better. With the same trigger discipline you use with the ACX11, you can achieve multiple kills per magazine with the GD7F. I use the ACX11 when I plan to use the LA's ability to reach areas other classes cannot and stay there. For instance, hanging out on top of buildings and over the SCU in Biolabs. Its good for far more range than the GD7F is, so there is a balance. The LA playstyle shown in the video, a GD7F would far better suit my needs. Popping in and out of rooms, engage/retreat style for me is far better facilitated with the GD7F. Also, when in CqC scenarios, I often give a quick burst and finish with the Mag Cutter - conserving ammo for the next target.

LA - GD7F (ACX11 #2)

Ive explained my preference on LA above, so Ill skip it here.

Engie - GD7F (NC12 Sweeper #2)

When playing Engineer Im either driving a Lightning or providing support. Its important to have a fast firing weapon to swap to in a pinch, eliminate a target, and go back to supporting the team. The GD7F fills this role perfectly. I use the Sweeper as a second choice in certain CqC situations where I know the bulk of combat will be 'surprise, Im here to kill you'

Medic - GR22 (NS-11P #2)

The fast fire rate and ability to equip an advanced laser sight on the Gr22 fills the same role for medic as the GD7F does as Engineer. I use it when I intend to support but need to defend myself against surprises. I choose the NS-11P when I am more alone for the better range and control.

Infiltrator: AF-4 Cyclone (AF-6 Shadow #2)

As a hit and run SMG Infiltrator, no NC weapon does the job better than the Af-4 Cyclone. High damage and good RoF, it had the same damage as our LMGs but a faster firing rate. Its more limited range is a non issue given the nature of playing SMG Infiltrator. The Shadow is a close second, but used more for support from LMG ranges in concert with lots of recon darts.

Heavy Assault: NS-15M (Jackhammer #2)

The NS-15M is a very well balanced weapon in terms of damage, rate of fire and handling. Its my preferred weapon over the EM6 and Gauss SAW because of its better handling characteristics. It has a very controllable trigger making it a very good weapon to use for any faction. The Jackhammer is a second choice for CQC. It cannot equip slugs but does have a tighter spread of pellets than other shotguns, so they are not needed. With Extended mags it will easily drop 4 enemies in quick succession.

I do like other weapons - the Reaper DMR is a great gun for certain situations; the very same situations where the ACX11 excels. I like the EM6 and the GD-22S, but Ive Auraxium'd the GD22S long ago and have not used it much since. The Piston is an excellent shotgun but Ive also got the Auraxium for that, so I rarely use it. The Blitz is a good SMG, but not great. The lower damage per bullet isnt quite offset by the rate of fire to make it outstanding. Its essentially a slightly faster firing PDW, which I do not like very much due to its slightly extended TTK. The Stalker is a good rifle but before the recent update, I found it lacking - not as good as the Shadow at range and far inferior to the SMG choices for CQC. Similar results at range can be had with the Cyclone.

As far as VS weapons go, I wont go as far in depth as I have only played VS to BR 42. The Eridani is good but I find myself being outgunned even when landing every shot due to its lower damage. I do like the VX7, and the SVA-88 is an excellent LMG.
  11. Epicstrat

Infiltrator: Mag-cutter
    LA: AC-X11
    Medic: Reaper DMR
    HA: Gauss saw and Jackhammer
    Engineer: AC-X11
    • Up x 1
  12. Razeroth

Ok move aside every other gun, the TR mini gun is coming through! My god I love this weapon. It may be very situational, but it is just so satisfying to use!
  13. TheBlindFreak

I'll just leave my picks for NC since I only really play in vehicles for the other factions.

Infil: Longshot/Rebel combo.
    Light: Razor
    Medic: Carnage AR
    Engi: Warden/Razor
    Heavy: I'm liking the EM1 since I got it for free with the survey thing.
    Max: Falcons

Notable mention: VS Serpent and Orion.
  14. Epic High Five

NC:

Infil : SAS-R baby, no sway super charged battle rifle basically, so fun
    Light : X11, damn monster of a gun, holy hell, great in the close-mid bracket
    Engie : 7F, "I'm sorry why am I worried about ammo again?"
    Heavy : SAW, highest skill ceiling, lower skill floor than people give it credit for. A real hoss that really feels like an LMG
    Medic : Reaper DMR, a SAW with basically zero recoil, a quick reload, and better on the move at the expense of mag size. Best gun in the game.
    MAX : Slug Grinders. Cheap, deadly as all hell, and the extra rounds make a huge difference.

TR:

Infil : Armistice, good lord this thing is the LOL IWIN button of infantry combat
    Light : Jaguar, why miss shots?
    Engie : TRAC-5, who cares if you miss shots?
    Heavy : CARV, why use anything else I mean seriously this gun is incredible
    Medic : T1 Cycler - it's like a Carnage with free exmags
    MAX : MUTILATORS BABY NEVER STOP FIRING

VS:

Infil : Phantom, no drop is great on this gun
    Light : Pulsar C, a slightly worse Razor, lethal as all hell
    Engie : Serpent, cheap as dirt bullet hose. Never Stop Firing
    Heavy : Don't really like any of them tbh, probably the Ursa
    Medic : VS AR selection is pretty miserable, but if I had to choose I'd say the default.
    MAX : Blueshift supremacy
    • Up x 1
  15. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

Lets see,

Medic:
    VS: Corvus
    NC: Carnage
    TR: TAR and T1S Cycler

Engy/LA:
    VS: Solstice VE3
    NC: AC-X11
    TR: T5 AMC and TRAC-5

Infiltrator:
    Sniper:
    VS: Parallax VX3
    NC: Long Shot
    TR: RAMS .50
    Up close: NS-7 PDW

MAX:
    NC: Duel Hacksaws
    TR: Duel Mutalators
    Duel Bursters

Nothing definitive for heavy as I don't play HA enough.
  16. Dalek

I only play TR:

Infiltrator: Rams 50 or Commissioner with stalker cloak.
    Light Assault: Lynx
    Engineer: Lynx
    Heavy Assault: 60 mag SMG or AMR 66
    Max: Left default and the right version of the default. Dual AI. I have dual bursters and dual pounders too.
  17. Ash87

I play TR:

Medic: Tar
    Heavy: Carv
    Engi: AMR-66
    Max: Pounders and fractures (Yeah, I still like fractures)
    Light Assault: Jaguar
    Infil: Armistace or the Rams
  18. SpcFarlen

TR
    Infil: Armistice
    LA: Jaguar
    Eng: T5-AMC
    HA: Carv
    MAX: Pounders.... until they get nerfed (which will happen)

NC
    Infil: Blitz
    LA: GD-7F
    Eng: Razor
    HA: EM6/ 'God' Saw, hard to choose between the two
    MAX: Mattock

VS
    Infil: (havent really tried them out)
    LA: Serpent
    Eng: Solstice
    HA: SVA-88
    MAX: Blueshifts

I tend to like faster RoF weapons unless playing a more supporting role, aka non-pointman. Not surprising since i main TR.
  19. DrPapaPenguin

Heavy: MCG/TMG, love them both equally.
    Engineer: AMR-66
    Light Assault: Uppercut
    Infiltrator: TRAP M1
  20. Metal Insomniac

Infil: Cyclone (Rebel with Stalker)
    LA: Bruiser
    HA: Jackhammer
    Engineer: AC-X11
    Medic: GR-22