Favorite places to fight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Yago

Ohh you big bunch of fibbers!
    We all know our favourite place to fight is this forum :D :p
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

old crown, when fights would last the entire day before SoE decided that it was far too epic.

now? probably that hexagonal base on esamir, or 3 way biolab fights, as rare as they are, no HEprowlers, no lolpods, just tons of infantry fighting in a giant bubble :)
  3. Borsty

I don't complain about too many players, I complain about a base design and servers/code that can't handle that many players.
  4. Xind

I think it's easier to list the places I despise, as oppose to like. Most of the "good places" all kind of blend together but the terrible maps really stand out:

Indar:
    Abandoned NS Offices
    Howling Pass Checkpoint
    Quartz Ridge Camp

Hossin:
    Construction Site (Alpha, Beta, etc)
    Subterranean Nanite Analysis

Amerish:
    NC Arsenal

I'm sure I left out a few and I can't really think of one for Esamir. But yeah, hate those maps/base layouts.
  5. JUSSI81te

6. Stopper

Almost everywhere on Hossin but especially :
    - northern lattice line of Hossin, from Matsuda genetics to Naum forward barracks
    - the bases and area of Rusty bent glaive - Roothouse distillery - Takon storage - Fort Drexler - and Cairn station
    - the lattice Four fingers - Southeast checkpoint - Kestral watch
    - and some other bases like Iron quay, Nason's defiance, Hunter's blind, Fort liberty...

For Amerish, essentially the bases and area all along the lattice line : The Bastion - Deepcore geolab - Heyoka armory - Heyoka - Heyoka chemical - Chimney rock depot.
  7. Hiperion

snowhear, waterson redemption, terrran btl crash, ceres hydrophonics, nc arsenal, that base with musgo in amerish, crossroads watchtower, jaeger fist, all nother bases of indar except the techplant and amp stations
  8. Hiperion

also Nason in Hossin, and that other base with 3 point conols that is splited with a road is surrounded by amp station like wall, but i cant remeber whats is it name
  9. Leftconsin

I love Abandoned NS Offices. If I see a fight there I will flock to it. It is the closest thing we have right now to a base where vehicles can capture the point because they matter so much. I think most people don't like it because vehicle dominance is mandatory for keeping control. People also seem to forget that both adjacent bases to Abandoned NS have full service tank spawns, and Mao and Howling Pass have aircraft spawns. Abandoned NS is one of a dying breed of bases in this game where you bring vehicle support or lose. Period. You can't even properly defend it without pulling vehicles and I think that is great!

But, I know a lot of people hate it because many people want infantry only fights all the time. Vehicles have to wait outside and not participate in their world view. So I'm dreading the eventual day that SoE decides to revamp the base into a maze of infantry choke points with mile high walls with tank traps and surrounded by base turrets to ward off the bad bad vehicle farmers. You know, because for some reason people who want infantry v infantry 100% of the time can't be bothered to scoot over to a different lattice lane and allow tankers to have some fun at vehicle centric bases without getting shunned.
    • Up x 1
  10. Smoovious

Variety is best, certainly.

Some bases should be infantry choke points (and we have the bio labs for that... which I avoid whenever possible) and others should be more vehicle dominant, while others more air dominant, etc... something for everyone.

but yeah... it seems way too many are too infantry-centric... Hossin seems to be the worst for this... but I don't mind that either... as long as we have enough variety to keep us armored division types happy.

-- Smoov
    • Up x 1
  11. nehylen

For all i know it could be called "NS Spawncamped Offices" and is indefensible by infantry even in superior numbers due to being in a basin, which is about the deadliest possible position for any military force.
    If people liked infantry fights as much as you think, they'd flock to Hossin, which at least on Cobalt, i'm seeing them avoid with a passion, contrary to Indar.
  12. InoxGecko

Defense at Indar Ex.
    Defense at Crimson Bluff tower
    Attack/Defense Freyr Amp station
    Defense at Eisa mining operation
    Vehicles North Indar because lots of space for maneuvering and Magriders can't hide as well as other places
    Attack The traverse because I ******* love bridge fights

Overall for awesome fights: Old crown and the bases around it...god damnit Higby, why did you ruin it.
    Also some random spots on Amerish where we have sundies parked in the middle of nowhere and we fight in open fields. Can be pretty epic.

EDIT: Forgot, The Ascent, love that base. Especially the caves on C? point. Glorious. CQC heaven.
  13. WUNDER8AR

Almost any place on Amerish makes for good fights to me personally. By far the most interesting bases are in the area around the NW warpgate. Just a pity that battles don't take place there all that often due to their location. I had some really great battles in the southeast up until you arrive at Subterrain Nanite Analysis/Splitpeak Pass which is where the fun is officially over.
  14. Mahaut

Hossin jungle. Too bad almost every single capture point, and by extension almost every single fight on this continent, is inside a boring building complex.
  15. ZBrannigan

1. but it kind of is
    2. agree it doesn't (from a technical standpoint)
    3. thats not your call in any way, you have no say in who deploys anywhere, yet you would if you played a game more suited to the number of players mentioned/preferred.......... that would be the smart thing to play if you DONT want more people jumping into 'your' fight.
    certainly shouldn't complain about it if you choose to put yourself in that position.

it's like complaining about being run over because you want to stand in the middle of the motorway.
  16. Stopper

I've already answered but I want to emphasize the fact that the environment on Hossin, from Ghanan souther crossing to Takkon storage, by The Rusty bent glaive and Roothouse distillery, is awesome : the numerous trees with tree trunks and roots in the swamps, along the banks, are very nice and make an extraordinary place to fight.

The more I play there, the more I find this awesome !

Who made these bases and environment (and Cairn station just after) ?
  17. Marka Ragnos

I like indar and esimer the best. The northern desert of indar is by far my most favorate area.
  18. Modern Ancestor

Any friggin base that wasnt designed to be total defenders nightmare.