Fast death

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Deth, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Deth

Why is it when I'm trying to kill a Max I can dump a whole clip into him and he doesn't die but when I roll my Max I die so fast? I play Vanu and got the fist level of kinetic.. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Besides getting shot
    ;-)
    • Up x 2
  2. The Milk Man

Well Deth there are a few reasons.

1. You need to buy the correct weapons such as dual mercies for TR or like dual cosmos for Vanu, which ever is better. =P
    2. The TR and VS max (Mostly VS) are underpowered.
    3. The NC MAX dominates and instantly kills anything up close.
    4. Everything else.
  3. Crewell

In your sarcasm you fail to mention the enemy max may have more ranks of kinetic. They might be hitting to OP's head vs. body shots as well.
  4. wingspan

Helps to open with explosives against a MAX.

• Rockets, obviously, especially the Decimator.
    • Underbarrel 'nade launcher.
    • C4
    • Anti-vehicle grenade
    A shotgun mag to the head will drop a VS/TR MAX pretty reliably if you land a direct explosive hit. The NC MAX can return as much as damage back to you, so you'll have to surprise them or they'll have to miss.
    If you're playing as a MAX, sprint as much as you can, and don't expose yourself unless you're firing on someone with a good chance of killing them. Use your charge defensively for best results, especially to dodge incoming explosives. Try to surprise your enemies from behind , and don't take on very many at a time. View your slow and heavy armor as a liability, not as an invitation to fearlessly charge head-on.
  5. siddar

Head shots and aimbots.
  6. Dreadnaught Wrex

MAXes are made to rip through infantry. Even stock MAXes (I run nano repair most of the time so I have the "health" of a stock MAX most of the time.) are made to rip through infantry. Just because you as your HA/other class cant kill a MAX by yourself doesnt mean the next two people in the room didnt.

Also, MAXes at the moment arent tanks. They are just slow, beefy, HAs. Play them accordingly. Getting a second AI helps too.
  7. Devrailis

Just two or three people of any class with decent aim will rip a MAX apart, even with Kinetic Armour level 5. If you're having trouble killing a MAX solo, it'll be because he's not sticking around to let you kill him. A MAX out in the open is a dead MAX, even to a single skilled HA.

C4 will 1-shot you
    Decimators to the head will 1-shot you, body shots do ~75% damage
    A stock dumbfire will do >50% damage
    AV grenades do ~75% damage
    3 Heavies all focus firing you will take you down in < 3 seconds, this is assuming you are wearing Kinetic level 5.

Flak armour will protect you from being instagibbed by C4, but only of you're not standing right on top of it. It'll prevent AV grenades from ripping you apart as well, the difference is enormous (if you've never seen anyone try using AV grenades on your MAX, it's only because you haven't run into any of the really good HAs yet).

Your best armour, as always, is not to get hit in the first place, and that requires good positioning and familiarity with the map layouts. Until you get a handle on that, then yes, MAXes are not very tanky at all.
  8. siddar

You guys missed the question he is asking why he is dying so fast where when in a max in the same situation where he doesn't do anywhere close to as much damage against a opposing max.

I gave the answer why because unlike OP the other side in above scenario is landing massive amounts of head shots.
  9. ColdCheezePizza

headshots on max's make all the difference and remember bullets sting but explosives hurt. Also every max needs good engi's to repair them or you won't last very long.
  10. Crewell

Yup, my first reply stated headshots vs. body shots. I didn't insinuate aimbot though. I usually don't start thinking it is aimbot unless its some level 1-10 who full autos from 50+m away into my head.
  11. Deth

Thank you for your replies. I will just keep saving certs up. Stay out of fire and try to get more headshots :)
  12. Tungsten

If you are still using stock weapons i suggest sticking with the burster over AV weapons. Problem with a hybrid is that while the gun is firing on target the AV projectile goes off to the right and vice versa.
  13. Takoita

You'll have to play like a lowly squishie with gimped speed - it generally improves MAX survivability, at least for me.