Falling in love with PS2 all over again!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Degenatron, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Degenatron

This week, I finally got an upgrade to my system - up from a Core2 Duo w/ 4gb RAM to an i5-3570 w/ 8gb of RAM. WOW! What an incredible difference it makes! I can actually dogfight and play in the big biodome battles! And it looks so incredible now! I'm not at "ultra" settings, but I'm up from low on everything to high on most things and staying at a rock solid 30 FPS, usually in the high 50's. And now that I can actually hold my own, I'm finding it to be ridiculously fun! (it was already fun, but with frame rate issues it would often be frustrating.) All of this without even overclocking my CPU! (i figured I'd have to, but now I think I'll keep it at stock to prolong its life).

I've said it before, but now I need to say it again:

Thank you SOE for making such a beautiful game! Great job and please keep up the good work!
    • Up x 12
  2. DeathTollDavid

Too bad interweb forums are used for complaining because the SOE do a great job.
    • Up x 2
  3. DrunkenDoughnuts

Your post is unpossible! PS2 is the worst game ever made! I've played it for 31 days since December and I hate every minute of it! I'm going to quit, but before I quit I'll make a post saying that I'm quitting and receive a showering of attention! Then after I quit, I'll constantly spam the forums and be an all around annoyance!

Please note the sarcasm. :eek:
    • Up x 6
  4. RasFW

Don't forget to give an ultimatum first!
    • Up x 2
  5. NightFallzz

what's you CPU speed?
  6. Degenatron

3.4ghz
  7. ChaosX5

I know that SOE is very dedicated to this game, and as long as they are dedicated, so am I.
    • Up x 1
  8. IamDH

:S i need a new rig too i get 15FPS average
  9. AntonioAJC

I have all maxed with bloom but no GPU physics and the graphics are amazing! Warning though, you might get blinded by the sun on Esamir when going through the hills. I cried because of the beautifulness of the game! X'D
  10. Caserion

Everyone is is getting and using great computers (including all my friends) and i'm just sitting here running on low/medium getting 45 FPS... :(. If only i didn't waste my money on SC!
  11. Dingus148

Don't worry, a lot of us on good computers are still using low/medium in order to get 45 FPS :p
  12. IamDH

Hey guys can a new laptop run this game well?

@OP Gratz
  13. VSDerp

good to hear you falling in love with ps2 again:D
  14. ironeddie

Funnily enough my pay this month is going on an upgrade. Hopeing to get onto ultra settings myself in the next week.
  15. Pikachu

For a long time I didn't play with any sound, but rather listen to youtube stuff. Started to feel boring and I tested playing with sound again and it was a big difference. I also discovered the fun of fury-flash. Last days I discovered the fun of tank and the horrible problems with AV mana turret and striker that everyone has complained on for so long. This got to be worse than having to face old style haxmax.
  16. dBMachine

I still hit single digit frames.

:(
  17. Paqu

"Keeping it stock to prolong its life" - you really dont need to worry about that. I once read it somewhere that after 3-5 years you might need to increase the voltage since it wont be stable anymore with the voltages it used to run until that point. And that is if your CPU is on 100% load for the 3-5 years straight!

So with normal use it will take 10 years or more before it might start to wear out a bit and needs more voltages.

Of course if you have poor cooling or you are using the stock cooler I dont recommend overclocking since if it runs too hot it sure will brake much sooner.

I have the same processor and Iam running it at 4.3 Ghz. With proper cooling the max temperature stays under 70 celsius and that is when stressing the system with "intelburntest" program. While playing it stays even cooler.
  18. Degenatron

Maybe a high end Alienware or similar laptop, but in general, I'd say "no". The problem is that with laptops, they use the mobile versions of their chips (gpu and cpu). Those chips focus more on energy conservation and low heat than performance. That's not to say their aren't laptops that will do it, but you'll end up paying a premium for them.
  19. IamDH

Ah damn. Thanks for the reply :)