Falcon MAX... in a bio lab?!?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by gilrad, Feb 23, 2013.

1. gilrad

Falcon punch!

Yeah so some people might think I'm crazy, but bio labs are actually great places to bring the falcon.

I decided to give it a try after getting frustrated with how timid dual scattercannons are in really crowded biolab fights. Sure they can insta-gib people who turn the wrong corner, but when the fight's big enough, people tend to play a lot more conservatively (I imagine the presence of splatmaxes contributes to this). Even a distance as close as "across the room" is enough to make the scattercannon only tickle the enemy as they run to the caring embrace of their camp zone and the six medics within.

If I were to guess:
    -The lethality of MAXes in general encourage people to cluster in areas protected by distance

-There's a LOT of people clustered in these locations

-They often rely on the fact that grenades or six guns pointed at the same target is enough to melt anybody who tries to push on their camp

What falcons bring to this:

-Ditances are often within ideal convergence range for the dual cannons, meaning a higher chance of dual-shot kills

-Splash damage adds up, especially when you hit multiple people.

-People tend to not stick around areas where they take damage, crazy idea I know.

I just helped considerably on a long, epic fight over Rashnu. Probably not entirely because of me, but it seems the moment I switched to falcons and started getting a huge kill streak, that's when my team started pushing them back. I am fairly certain that I was instrumental in clearing out the SCU room though, there was just so many people there before I started bombarding them.
    • Up x 2
  2. Jaeger41

I agree completely. I often use dual-Falcons in the Biolab, particularly for the areas outside the rooms where distances are greater. Also useful when the enemy is trying to rush in from the airpad.
  3. PinkieServooo

I had to face twice a Max with Falcon and yes it's hurt but dammit even other Maxes can't face such things they are actually too powerfull for now and even before NC Max were not that effective, they simply needed like other Max to spend cert but now even low level with few station cash can use this baby without any danger, gosh when Vanu and TR will get their max shotgun i will buy it seeing on how hurtfull it is.
  4. Lakora

Ehm... Ehm... You're making it sound as if the Falcons are shotguns... They're the NC AV option...
  5. nightbird

I use dual falcons more than dual hacksaws. Falcons allow you to stand with/behind your teammates and instakill infantry at close/medium range, suppress vehicles, and the major benefit is being able to hide behind a rock to be healed/get ammo. With hacksaws, you charge in leaving behind your teammates and engineers, survival time is very low in comparison so I only do that when my MAX timer is up. What I'd give to mount half the Basilisk (default sunderer turret) on each arm.
  6. PinkieServooo

My mistake lakora, i took the falcon for one of your max shotty indeed still if you say falcon are getting really good stuff might want to see how hurtfull it is.
  7. Lakora

No worries... The NC Shotguns are...

Hacksaw: 7 Shot Automatic
    Grinder: 9 Shot Semi
    Mattock: 7 Shot Semi
    Scattercannon: 7 Shot Semi

The Falcon is the NC version of the Comet? Well which ever the VS AV one is.
  8. Disinclined

Don't let the secret out! The Falcon makes a better AI weapon than an AV weapon. I actually like the Falcon significantly more than the Hacksaw. I can't hit crap at any range with the hacksaw, but I can hit enemies fairly easily with the falcon. Go figure.

Frankly if SOE does consider nerfing it, they better nerf HA rockets also and the damage they do to infantry.
  9. irishroy

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. Matthew Clark

Falcons are great for Infantry sniping. I just wish they didn't X in outdoor battles. I'm always having to remember not to double click lest I miss everything I aim at
  11. LibertyRevolution

this works just as well if your camping a gen room in an amp station.
    It is having dual grenade launchers.
  12. Reis

Coincidentally I also refer to my Falcon class as DOUBLE FALCON PUNCH.